• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Mason Mount has been called up to the England squad (meanwhile RL-C hasn't after having been in the previous squad)

15 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Mason Mount has been called up to the England squad (meanwhile RL-C hasn't after having been in the previous squad)

The best young players get sent on loan, the not so promising get kept to make up the numbers.  Always been the way.  RLC - this years Musonda.

paulw66   

Surprised there has been nothing om here yet about Chelsea's decision to allow Mount and Tamori play for Derby against us in the LC.

My personal view is it's a good decision. If we can't beat them with the loanees, then we don't deserve to go through. Great opportunity for the pair of them to showcase their ability to the current coaching staff. 

55 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Surprised there has been nothing om here yet about Chelsea's decision to allow Mount and Tamori play for Derby against us in the LC.

My personal view is it's a good decision. If we can't beat them with the loanees, then we don't deserve to go through. Great opportunity for the pair of them to showcase their ability to the current coaching staff. 

Excellent news - I am pleased.  The "we know but can't say how" reports were all claiming they would definitely not play.  Perhaps it was just Chelsea or Derby pre-empting eventual disappointment, or perhaps there was an insurance issue to be sorted.
But excellent news.  After all if Derby were playing Spurs or Liverpool, the guys at Chelsea would be delighted if Mount and Tomori played.

Villa 5, Forest 5 , and it hasn't even finished yet!!

Tammy has got 4 (so far)

(Problem solved?)

Edited by Droy was my hero

January recall in order? Tammy battling for the starting role with Morata/new signing and Giroud as plan B would be an improvement. 

Hopefully we can sell Morata and Batshuayi in the summer.

11 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

January recall in order? Tammy battling for the starting role with Morata/new signing and Giroud as plan B would be an improvement. 

Hopefully we can sell Morata and Batshuayi in the summer.

Let him have his fun and finish the season.  90 mins in championship is worth far more than 10 mins in Prem.

10 goals - if he gets 25 in the season, defenders will be terrified of him next year (and the manager is much much less likely to sideline him after a couple of disappointing games).

21 last month, and he looks to me like he wants to be a target man just as much as he wants to score, but it will take another year or two before he can do that properly, and the Championship is a great place to learn how to lead the line.

I'm happy for him but a bit of perspective is needed. One is described as hitting him on the way in, another was a penalty and his own manager said he missed two golden chances while also saying he has missed a number of chances in the past few games since he took over. As we have seen with Bats you need a lot more to your game than just scoring goals and I suspect he is pretty far off being Chelsea standard or even premier league starting quality. Glad to see him playing regularly and doing well but him coming back in January, even next season, is probably not best for all involved.

42 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

As we have seen with Bats you need a lot more to your game than just scoring goals and I suspect he is pretty far off being Chelsea standard or even premier league starting quality.

As I said above, everytime I seem him (not often I admit) he looks as much a target man as he does a poacher.  And a lot tougher than anyone young player we have had in a long time.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Let him have his fun and finish the season.  90 mins in championship is worth far more than 10 mins in Prem.

10 goals - if he gets 25 in the season, defenders will be terrified of him next year (and the manager is much much less likely to sideline him after a couple of disappointing games).

21 last month, and he looks to me like he wants to be a target man just as much as he wants to score, but it will take another year or two before he can do that properly, and the Championship is a great place to learn how to lead the line.

He got more chance of starting for England than Chelsea.