• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

The only 1 of those 4 I have no reason to feel disappointed by is Drinkwater.   The rest were between awful and meh. 

He didn't do a thing wrong. 

Zappacosta neither IMO.  At least he was a level above Moses without ever being picked.
I think the point is they should have been our 20th and 21st players, not our 25th and 26th which is what they became this season.

jones   
12 hours ago, Ham said:

The only 1 of those 4 I have no reason to feel disappointed by is Drinkwater.   The rest were between awful and meh. 

He didn't do a thing wrong. 

Not the point. They cost a fortune but did not improve us at all. 

Chalobah and RLC would have done no worse than Baka and Drinkwater. Morata did a lot worse than Costa. Zappacosta probably an improvenent on Aina, but still far way being value for money.

My point remains that it was an atrocious window. Two years on they will all be gone and have recorded a loss for us. 150 could have been spent so much better.

Edited by jones

Jasonb   

I guess that window was a mistake perhaps Marina was given too much rope to sign players and in every case signed the worst option under strict instructions not to pay too much.

Baka - looks like we will recoup a lot of his fee.

Drinkwater - probably wont' recoup much though think his signing was a lot to do with keeping Kante happy and not looking elsewhere.

RLC - appears to be injury prone and talented though think for us he will be like Aaron Ramsay yet not so long ago he wanted a move.

Barkley - the verdict is still out, playing so can't criticise too much though personally I think this is the wrong brand of football for him.

Chalobah - wasn't willing to wait he wanted regular football just like Ake and Solanke.

11 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I guess that window was a mistake perhaps Marina was given too much rope to sign players and in every case signed the worst option under strict instructions not to pay too much.

For someone doing it on her own, an awful lot of our buys came out of one place, Serie A.
My guess was that Conte was on barely speaking terms with Marina after he had tried to welch on the big contract increase in July 2017, and she/RA had refused to allow him to move (probably to RM).  The buys we made stop look like long term planning stop by telegram stop

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

A lovely goal snatcher's goal by Tammy as Villa come from 0-3 down to draw with Sheff United.

20 goals by the start of February is some going 

Leo91   

Tammy Poached Eggs Abraham. Pleased for him, got a great attitude, he'll make us good money when we sell him.

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

20 goals by the start of February is some going 

First "Villa" player to score 20 in a season since Peter Withe back in 80/81