• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Agreed.  Or at least torn between very much wanting to see James and Abraham in a Chelsea shirt, and looking after their best long term interests.
His loan this season was very last minute, and perhaps there was talk of Higuain for Morata earlier and thoughts of keeping a younger striker as well, and then PL opportunities were missed.  But then his PL loan to a relegated club last season did not work out well, and I think Villa has been a good option for him this season.

As for other Championship high scorers, very few have been 21, and very few have been high scorers in he Championship twice in their career already, and very few of them already have some PL experience.  And none of them had Abraham's talent.  So I agree the step up is significant, but I still have high hopes Tammy will make it sooner or later.

Besides if there is one thing this team is missing it is a 6 yard box finisher, who really makes an effort.  We all know how this one ends up with Girioud, Higuain or Morata in the same position

https://streamable.com/913r7

Do not get me wrong, I like Tammy a lot, however I feel that coming back to Chelsea next season is not the best for him as I can see him not being given a chance and having to sit most of it on the bench; unless we appoint someone like Lampard next season to manage us. For me, the step between the top end of the Championship to the PL is massive for a CF and in my opinion, Tammy should have been loaned again to Bristol last season and given a PL loan this season. However, what is done is done. As for James, I think he is in the same position, however if we do sell Zappa, he could potentially put in as 2nd choice RB as Dave is very reliable and fit, so if he struggles we could depend on Dave until Jan. 

The key seems to be a PL loan to a club good enough not to be relegated in the same season.  That is actually pretty tricky, the most secure clubs aren't looking to start a loaned player for the whole season, and if guessing who will be relegated was easy we could all make a fortune at the bookies.

3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

unless we appoint someone like Lampard next season to manage us.

Come on, it isn't as though Lampard has done particularly well this season, and there is absolutely no reason to think he'd be any better are bringing in young players more than any other manager we have had (of whom Sarri is undoubtedly the best).

What is this obsession with Lampard except as Sarri bashing in disguise.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The key seems to be a PL loan to a club good enough not to be relegated in the same season.  That is actually pretty tricky, the most secure clubs aren't looking to start a loaned player for the whole season, and if guessing who will be relegated was easy we could all make a fortune at the bookies.

Come on, it isn't as though Lampard has done particularly well this season, and there is absolutely no reason to think he'd be any better are bringing in young players more than any other manager we have had (of whom Sarri is undoubtedly the best).

What is this obsession with Lampard except as Sarri bashing in disguise.

To be fair, I think a loan to a PL side in general is ok as if any of the bottom half teams get into a bad run they could end up relegated. Obviously, this season Huds and Fulham have been dire but at the same time I think for a CF being a loan man in a team like Huds can teach you a lot I.e. work your arse off, be physically strong and keep your head down and make those runs even if it is just to pull the defender away (something that both Costa and Drogba were great for). 

That said, with Tammy's scoring record in the Championship I am sure teams such as Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton would be happy to take him as they have not got profilic strikers (Murrey is good but getting to the end of his career) and he would cost them £25m+ to buy outright. Those teams are all probably third quartile. 

No, do not get me wrong. I am not suggesting SFL as a manager, I was just using him as an example of someone that could get away with not getting results owing to his history with the club. That said, I am not sold on Sarri at all but I would not be replacing him with an old player who is still learning the ropes in the Championship. 

10 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

and he would cost them £25m+ to buy outright.

Unless his contract is running down, he'd be a lot lot more.  Purely on what he did at Swansea.

10 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

No, do not get me wrong. I am not suggesting SFL as a manager, I was just using him as an example of someone that could get away with not getting results owing to his history with the club. That said, I am not sold on Sarri at all but I would not be replacing him with an old player who is still learning the ropes in the Championship. 

Maybe you didn't mean it like this but it sounds as if we want SFL because we can ignore failure if we have SFL.  I don't think RA thinks, like that, nor do I.  For me we can ignore failure in a manager if and only if the players aren't good enough.  This season they aren't.

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

https://streamable.com/6m5z0

When a club gives its teenaged on-loan FB the penalty taking responsibility, you know he is doing well.

(Thanks Juni for clips)

If I was in charge , in between scribbling nonsense in my notebook , I'd be playing him at right back , selling Alonso and moving Azpi back to left back.

• Like 1

Leo91   

What's up with Mario Pasalic ? Doesn't seem to be a starter for any of his loans but gets a few goals here and there. Can he do a job here as rotation if we sell Barkley and Kovacic goes back.

Quite a successful season for the academy products then -

Reece James has made the the EFL team of the season, and is nailed on as Wigan's POTY. Tammy made the PFA Championship team of the season. Fikayo Tomori was named Derby's player of the season. Mason Mount has drawn plaudits and earned an England call up. CHO has worked his way into the first 11 for club and country.

For an academy to produce such a number of players under the age of 21 who are the best at their club, or in the league, should be considered a great achievement even at championship level. These are players we have actually produced as well rather than the late teen imports, hopefully the previous generation is cashed in this summer and the funds invested in the first team.

• Like 2

Holymoly   

Would anyone be interested in bringing Zouma back for next season? He had broken into the first team before his injury and never seemed able to get back to that level when he returned. Of course he's now starting for Everton and it may be unlikely that he would consider a spot on the bench here unless he was able to impress in pre-season.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:50 PM, Holymoly said:

Would anyone be interested in bringing Zouma back for next season?

Yes. I've watched a fair few of his matches this season, and I have to say that I've been impressed.