• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

8 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Right, so Sarri is gone, now we can make even more ludicrous unsubstantiated claims. I seem to remember that Conte left a whole season before Sarri. It's okay for you to keep going back to Conte in order to support Sarri's record, until you are exposed, then you start crying obsession. 

Just wow. 👍 You’re clearly fishing or trolling, I’m interested in neither. 

Edited by The_Ghost

12 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Anyone know whats happening with Rahman? Seems to be having a good ACON.

I suspect actually playing 11 games for Reims after his Jan loan has actually helped a lot given all his injuries and limited game time over the past 4 years.

That should get him back at least to the level he was with us, when he was still an U21 player.
Question will be whether he can become a good enough player for us.  I suspect he could be LB2 or 3, but we really need a new LB1 and to let 2 out of Alonso, Baba and Emerson go.

22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

That should get him back at least to the level he was with us...

...Oh.

Possibly the worst part of any back 4 that I can remember.

Just now, McCreadie said:

...Oh.

Possibly the worst part of any back 4 that I can remember.

Certainly for the last 20 years or so.

paulw66   

Looks like Ampadu is going on loan. Should have gone last year TBH, as it eneded up being a wasted season.

Can't see him playing CB over Luiz, AC or Rudiger (and possibly Zouma and or Tomori) and can't see him playing in midfield ahead of Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Looks like Ampadu is going on loan. Should have gone last year TBH, as it eneded up being a wasted season.

He was still of school age last year.  Now I know most of them don't actually do much at that age, but they are supposed to enrolled on some kind of educational program.  And I don't think we have ever loaned a school age player before.  (It is probably why CHO wasn't loaned too).

6 starts for Chelsea and Wales plus a handful of sub appearances wasn't trivial.

Juni   

School-age players have been loaned before but it's rare. Jack Wakely went to Basingstoke last season while still doing his A Levels but he was still training at Chelsea half the weeek.

7 minutes ago, Juni said:

School-age players have been loaned before but it's rare. Jack Wakely went to Basingstoke last season while still doing his A Levels but he was still training at Chelsea half the weeek.

Basingstoke is just over an hour from Stoke d'Abernon (change at Surbiton) by train... as you say loaning school-age players is rare, and in this case we didn't send him very far!

Furthermore, the club, I believe, have a contract with a local private school to provide academic tuition to the academy players outside of their training schedules.

Juni   

More than that, they have a full-time independent tutor who oversees their programme and takes the lead on post-secondary education (so in Jack's case, he won't have attended a school to do his A Levels, but done them on-site at Cobham (like all the schooling now) and in his own time, only going into a school for examinations as the law requires.

There are a few other cases over the years but they're exceptions rather than the rule - Solanke went to Vitesse just before his 18th birthday, Cork and Bertrand both went to Bournemouth as 17 year-olds waaaaaaaaaay back when, and the odd case in between. It's mostly because it's too young to loan players out in general, but educational requirements will play a part from time to time.