• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Gallagher out of Charlton and off to Swansea with Guehi to play on loan for the former England U17 manager, Steve Cooper along with Liverpool's Ryan Brewster.

Charlton fans will be upset - it was largely his early season efforts that got them to mid-table, but they have slipped down to 19th (of 24).  Swansea are 7th

Leo91   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Gallagher out of Charlton and off to Swansea with Guehi to play on loan for the former England U17 manager, Steve Cooper along with Liverpool's Ryan Brewster.

Charlton fans will be upset - it was largely his early season efforts that got them to mid-table, but they have slipped down to 19th (of 24).  Swansea are 7th

A little odd no ? Same league, why move. 

3 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

A little odd no ? Same league, why move. 

Steve Cooper - went from Liverpool U12 coach in 2008 to running their Academy in 2011 to England set up in 2013 and managed the U17 WC winners in 2017:  CHO, Sancho, Foden, Guehi, McEachran, Gallagher, Gibbs-White, Brewster.  3 of those lads (bold) have just joined him at the same time.

And Swansea are 7th, Charlton are 19th - both fighting for or against a change in division.

I wouldn't loan any of our players to anyone with Liverpool connections .

George McEachran has moved on loan to the Dutch Div 2, I would have thought playing at any level in the EFL pyramid would have been better than that.

Loan fees are often discussed on these forums, I was just reading this article about our relationship with Brendan Rogers where Adi Viveash is quoted - “I don’t know what promises were made but if you’re getting someone like Charly, you’re going to have to be making certain assurances of what will happen. And, like any loan, I’d imagine there were penalties if you don’t play them so it would have cost the clubs Brendan was at some money" https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-broken-chelsea-relationship-21392390

That applies to the top youngsters, I would imagine it is different for loaning more experienced players eg Batshuayi, which would involve an upfront fee. Or a Danny Drinkwater where there isn't one!

12 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

George McEachran has moved on loan to the Dutch Div 2, I would have thought playing at any level in the EFL pyramid would have been better than that.

Indeed, it sounds just wrong for the Real McEachran.  They are top and presumably ambitious to get back to the top div though.

15 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Loan fees are often discussed on these forums, I was just reading this article about our relationship with Brendan Rogers where Adi Viveash is quoted - “I don’t know what promises were made but if you’re getting someone like Charly, you’re going to have to be making certain assurances of what will happen. And, like any loan, I’d imagine there were penalties if you don’t play them so it would have cost the clubs Brendan was at some money"

It would have cost Celtic a lot of money if they were only paying Musonda's wages.
Adi Viveash was a youth coach at Chelsea at the same time as the Leicester manager and feels the loans of Musonda, added to Josh McEachran when he was at Swansea and Victor Moses's move to Liverpool, has caused real "issues".

Yes, but essentially Rogers got it right.  Josh, Musonda and IMO Moses, weren't the talents we thought they were.
The piece is on stronger grounds here:

According to The Athletic, the key reason for the continuing animosity from Chelsea's side is comments made during the unveiling of Moses where the then Liverpool boss suggested the wideman had now joined a big club.

He said: “It’s not easy when you come to a big club. You come from a really good club like Chelsea to a massive club like Liverpool, where there is expectancy every day.”

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

According to The Athletic, the key reason for the continuing animosity from Chelsea's side is comments made during the unveiling of Moses where the then Liverpool boss suggested the wideman had now joined a big club.

He said: “It’s not easy when you come to a big club. You come from a really good club like Chelsea to a massive club like Liverpool, where there is expectancy every day.”

He's a great coach Brendan , just ask him , he'll tell you ....

20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed, it sounds just wrong for the Real McEachran.  They are top and presumably ambitious to get back to the top div though.

Being a fairly small, more technical player, Dutch football sounds like a better place for his first experience of men's football than the rough and tumble of the lower leagues.

On 30/01/2020 at 1:05 PM, Mark Kelly said:

He's a great coach Brendan , just ask him , he'll tell you ....

Careful, he's next...