• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Recommended Posts

Quite miffed about this to be honest , someone who really can come in off the bench and do a job , pop up with a goal and has some drive about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Quite miffed about this to be honest , someone who really can come in off the bench and do a job , pop up with a goal and has some drive about them.

It’s a real head-scratcher. 

Matt Law in the telegraph is saying we still plan to loan RLC too.

Although I suppose when Ziyech and Pulisic are fit, we will have Mount and Havertz for that central attacking position...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It’s a real head-scratcher. 

Matt Law in the telegraph is saying we still plan to loan RLC too.

Although I suppose when Ziyech and Pulisic are fit, we will have Mount and Havertz for that central attacking position...

We're either signing someone new or Lampard has a huge amount of confidence in still-injured Billy Gilmour. Barkley could cover the deeper positions in a 4231, just about, without him we only have players that haven't proved ideal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

We're either signing someone new or Lampard has a huge amount of confidence in still-injured Billy Gilmour. Barkley could cover the deeper positions in a 4231, just about, without him we only have players that haven't proved ideal. 

A fit Billy could.  I don't think a fit RLC or Barkley could.
Mount could and long term I expect him to drop back to a DM or CM2 role - as Pirlo and Maka did.

15 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Reading this morning that CFC want Rudiger to sign an extension before letting him go on loan.

No idea if true, but it is logical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
40 minutes ago, Ham said:

His passport must be full by now.  😳

He did pretty well under Conte. Shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaneB said:

He did pretty well under Conte. Shame.

Pretty well? He was tremendous the year we won the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

He did pretty well under Conte. Shame.

I never saw it at the time.  He always looked the weakest player in the team, wasn't great going forward, couldn't defend much either.  He provided the right balance that Conte wanted with out being good at anything.  I'm not really surprised he has had one full season in his career not under Conte where he started most games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now