• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Obviously it’s guesswork,

You go for 'guesswork', but I'll stick with 'invention'.

I think *something* has gone on.

Whatever that 'something' may be. 

There were a few reports recently that he doesn’t train the best

Ah well, there's an alternative.

but I fail to see that’s it’s been a decision based purely on favouring Christensen and Rudiger.  

i didn't say that it was.

42 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry Mark, but where did this nonsense come from? You have no idea what (if anything) Tomori has said to Lampard. Seriously, it's pure invention.

I read reports that they had an argument after his last game for us and mysteriously despite showing himself a far safer bet than Christensen, he's never played again. 

Sounds feasible to me. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I read reports that they had an argument after his last game for us and mysteriously despite showing himself a far safer bet than Christensen, he's never played again. 

Sounds feasible to me. 

'Reports' where, and by who? And the people who apparently wrote these 'reports', how would they be likely to know?

The press is always full of bollocks written by people looking for an angle. We all know that, don't we?

Rob B   
17 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

You go for 'guesswork', but I'll stick with 'invention'.

Whatever that 'something' may be. 

Ah well, there's an alternative.

I didn't say that it was.

What do you think, out of interest?

Just now, Michael Tucker said:

'Reports' where, and by who? And the people who apparently wrote these 'reports', how would they be likely to know?

The press is always full of bollocks written by people looking for an angle. We all know that, don't we?

Yes understood, but this wasn't now when he's going but way back when he was mysteriously dropped. 

Think back Mike, do you remember a point when he was playing where you thought "Jeez this guy is out of his depth"? 

Meanwhile Christensen is drowning

Ham   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Yes understood, but this wasn't now when he's going but way back when he was mysteriously dropped. 

Think back Mike, do you remember a point when he was playing where you thought "Jeez this guy is out of his depth"? 

Meanwhile Christensen is drowning

His exclusion alone suggests that something happened. 

He made one or two errors, neither of which led to a goal being conceded. That can't be it. 

Christine is pregnant..... 🤔

😉

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

His exclusion alone suggests that something happened. 

Rudiger got fit around Dec 2019 - the same time as Tomori was also eased out of the team.  He had barely played after April 2019.
If I recall, we also abandoned further trials of 3CBs at the back around the same time.

LAMPARD EXPECTS TOMORI TO BECOME 'TOP PLAYER' 

Frank Lampard has tipped Fikayo Tomori to become a “top player” after the Chelsea defender completed his loan switch to AC Milan.

Centre-back Tomori broke into Chelsea’s first team in style last season, blasting a fine long-range strike in a 5-2 win at Wolves to announce his Premier League arrival. 

The 23-year-old even went on to make his England debut last term, having caught the eye of boss Gareth Southgate, but could not maintain that upward trajectory at Stamford Bridge this season. 

Many Chelsea fans have expressed frustrations with Tomori’s loan, but Lampard insisted the academy graduate can still flourish in west London in the long-run. 

Asked to explain to those vexed supporters why Tomori has left temporarily, Lampard said: “Because I have five centre-backs and I can’t do this job and expect to please every fan; that’s football. 

“What players you should pick or not, whether you are searching for consistency or going on an unbeaten run there are questions. I have to pick two at a time and the numbers don’t always add up. 

“Fikayo is a developing player, a very good player. He is going to be a top player.”

LAMPARD EXPECTS TOMORI TO BE.textClipping

Ham   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Lampard EXPECTS TOMORI TO BECOME 'TOP PLAYER' 

Frank Lampard has tipped Fikayo Tomori to become a “top player” after the Chelsea defender completed his loan switch to AC Milan.

Centre-back Tomori broke into Chelsea’s first team in style last season, blasting a fine long-range strike in a 5-2 win at Wolves to announce his Premier League arrival. 

The 23-year-old even went on to make his England debut last term, having caught the eye of boss Gareth Southgate, but could not maintain that upward trajectory at Stamford Bridge this season. 

Many Chelsea fans have expressed frustrations with Tomori’s loan, but Lampard insisted the academy graduate can still flourish in west London in the long-run. 

Asked to explain to those vexed supporters why Tomori has left temporarily, Lampard said: “Because I have five centre-backs and I can’t do this job and expect to please every fan; that’s football. 

“What players you should pick or not, whether you are searching for consistency or going on an unbeaten run there are questions. I have to pick two at a time and the numbers don’t always add up. 

“Fikayo is a developing player, a very good player. He is going to be a top player.”

Lampard EXPECTS TOMORI TO BE.textClipping

That clarifies absolutely nothing. 

9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Lampard EXPECTS TOMORI TO BECOME 'TOP PLAYER' 

Lampard EXPECTS TOMORI TO BE.textClipping

8 hours ago, Ham said:

That clarifies absolutely nothing. 

It’s more bs from Lampard. He fools no one expecting fans to believe that he actually rates Christensen and Rudiger above Tomori. There’s no way and if he does we have more serious problems than we initially thought. 

It’s an absolute mystery Tomori hasn’t played more. It’s also not reflecting very well on Lampard that he hasn’t.