• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yes I think he's been given a one year extension Paul

Seems bizarre. Extend for a year, to be loaned out for that extra year? 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Seems bizarre. Extend for a year, to be loaned out for that extra year? 

But not necessarily extended on the same terms.  I'm guessing here, but if I were creating an extended contract, I'd offer a minimum salary plus 75% of what the loanee club is paying, with Health cover thrown in.  Probably with an easy option for the player to leave early.

It seems many of our players are doing the same, going on loan for the final year but extending for 1 year more.  I suspect that puts them in a much stronger position to negotiate a new contract at another club, while keeping a very small buy out clause.

JaneB   
JaneB   
Ham   
14 minutes ago, didierforever said:

The only loanees/selling left now:

Sarr

RLC (with saul in, he needs to go on loan)

Baker

Barkley

Musonda

4 hours to go.

Barkley wouldn't be the worst squad option if he doesn't go. 

I'm not as critical of RB as most on here. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Maybe. But with RLC still around, Barkley would be the 6th choice. Hard to see him getting any minutes. Also, he was not even given a squad number which ampadu, anjorin and a lot of players who went on loan were given. Clearly not in TT's plans.

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

You have been quite the RB fan boy at times.  We all have our favourites.

An unprepared long drive today so listening to Talksport for 2 hours (100 mins too long).
They reckoned that not a single club had asked about Barkley.  Though given how little anyone really knows, perhaps he has demanded a club equivalent to Everton or Villa or nowhere at all.  In the current format he is not a 6 and he is not a 10.  To my mind that is probably why he wasconsidered an 8.  

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Venezia??  That is a weird choice - surely a bottom 3 PL team like last season would have been a lot better.
They only recently got back into Serie B, and last season got promotion to Serie A despite finishing 5th (just 59 points in 38 games so not eve a good 5th place).

I'd rather have players on loan at Norwich.

Ham   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

You have been quite the RB fan boy at times.  We all have our favourites.

An unprepared long drive today so listening to Talksport for 2 hours (100 mins too long).
They reckoned that not a single club had asked about Barkley.  Though given how little anyone really knows, perhaps he has demanded a club equivalent to Everton or Villa or nowhere at all.  In the current format he is not a 6 and he is not a 10.  To my mind that is probably why he wasconsidered an 8.  

I have indeed. I like his directness. One of the reasons he hasn't gone could be wage related. It's also possible that there is inside knowledge throughout football about off field issues. Who knows?