• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Anyone else feel that Billy Gilmores loan to Norwich could be a disaster, getting beat every week can't be Good for his confidence, might have been better going on loan to a team that are challenging for the championship

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Anyone else feel that Billy Gilmores loan to Norwich could be a disaster, getting beat every week can't be Good for his confidence, might have been better going on loan to a team that are challenging for the championship

Not at all.  If he keeps playing he's doing fine.  He got benched last week (not sure why) and this week he is back at LCM I gather instead of DM/playmaker.  I'm curious but not curious enough to watch the match.  But with his size I'm not at all surprised he is asked to play in other positons - that is good too.

Though yes, playing for a team challenging (or not challenging) for the championship would be good too.
Chelsea is the biggest team in the whole league they tell me.  If Billy wants (or his fans want him) to play for us, then playing for Norwich is the perfect way for him to prove himself.

Holymoly   
On 19/09/2021 at 1:03 AM, Droy was my hero said:

If Billy wants (or his fans want him) to play for us, then playing for Norwich is the perfect way for him to prove himself.

Surely ALL Chelsea fans would be wanting that Droy? The kid is at least as good as two or more current central midfielders, or at least was until he got shunted off to have his morale decimated.

12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Surely ALL Chelsea fans would be wanting that Droy? The kid is at least as good as two or more current central midfielders, or at least was until he got shunted off to have his morale decimated.

so you seem to be arguing he should have been kept and expected to play a starring role in this team.
That is the way RLC and (so far) CHO went.  
In wanting him to succeed so muh you seem to be suggesting a path guaranteed to fail.
He is so much better on loan, and even being at Norwich has its benefits - so long as he can get back in the team.

paulw66   
On 26/09/2021 at 10:52 AM, Holymoly said:

Like Mount, James, Christensen, and Chalobah? Or Tomori and Abraham before them?

Or Beckham at Preston

Or JT at Forrest

Or Lampard at Swansea

Or Cole at Palace

Or Rio and Defoe at Bournemouth

Loans at the right time / right club are often essential in player development.

Holymoly   
On 27/09/2021 at 1:01 PM, paulw66 said:

Like Mount, James, Christensen, and Chalobah?

Mate, Norwich are at a level all themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't earn a point all season.

Juni   

You can pick and choose players who had good/bad loans all day long, it's irrelevant. The concern over Gilmour at Norwich is whether or not he's getting an education out of possession and whether or not they trust him to progress the play in midfield like Chelsea did and like Scotland do. Early returns on the latter are not promising, but he'll undoubtedly learn more defensively and off the ball in a team that will spend plenty of time without it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Juni said:

You can pick and choose players who had good/bad loans all day long, it's irrelevant. The concern over Gilmour at Norwich is whether or not he's getting an education out of possession and whether or not they trust him to progress the play in midfield like Chelsea did and like Scotland do. Early returns on the latter are not promising, but he'll undoubtedly learn more defensively and off the ball in a team that will spend plenty of time without it.

Exactly.  Gallagher, Ampadu and RLC all got relegated last season - they all seem to have benefitted.

chara   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly.  Gallagher, Ampadu and RLC all got relegated last season - they all seem to have benefitted.

Good points but there are relegation teams ...and then there is Norwich....a city I always liked and a Football Club I always "hope" for.....