• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

yugam   

Sinclair looking for his first start after scoring his first goal in the top flight..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5613451,00.html

"I was delighted to get my first goal in the Premier League, and hopefully it can lead to me getting a few more.

"But I'm also disappointed that it wasn't enough to get us a point. The lads are very disappointed, and we're all hoping we can do better in the next game.

"The gaffer has been putting me in for 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there, and he's building up to hopefully putting me in. At the end of the day, it's up to the gaffer and all I can do is keep going.

"Hopefully I can try and play every week and after that it'll be up to the gaffer.

"I feel I can offer a little bit of pace to the team, and hopefully that's why the gaffer brought me to the club. It's all about being patient, and hopefully my time will come."

hanuma   
You completely discount the fact that the defenders you have mentioned blossomed rather late in their respective careers. Expecting a 22 yr old lad to match those standards is being rather harsh.

I'm not expecting that from him now, although by 23 those others were established, I just don't see the potential for that, and I can't see how anyone else does either. If you don't have a point, don't make one by putting words in others mouths.

Edited by hanuma

You completely discount the fact that the defenders you have mentioned blossomed rather late in their respective careers. Expecting a 22 yr old lad to match those standards is being rather harsh.

Yes - Hanuma shoudn't have been comparing Mancienne to the handful of uninspiring 22 years olds that went on though great things, but of the hundreds and hundreds who never did.

Juni   

Stockport having a mare tonight but Bridcutt has scored his first professional goal.

Taiwo's starting for Carlisle, Sawyer SHOCKINGLY started for Southend and played 90, got his obligatory booking. Mellis missing for Southampton as he's on Under-19 duty.

bert19   

From what I've seen, Franco's performances up at Blackburn have been ok and he's definitely working hard. Problem for him is that he's a 20 year old playing up top on his own in a distinctly mediocre team with a fairly uninteresting/blunt style of play.

Watching the highlights of Arsenal v Blackburn on Sunday night, I could see the lad was trying desperately to make an impact, but being 1 v a whole top four side's back 4 isn't an enviable task. If Allardyce would start him up front with Roberts/McCarthy then I can see him being able to make much more of an impact.

Still though, I'm sure this experience will be very good for his development and we'll see an improved player come back in January.

From what I've seen, Franco's performances up at Blackburn have been ok and he's definitely working hard. Problem for him is that he's a 20 year old playing up top on his own in a distinctly mediocre team with a fairly uninteresting/blunt style of play.

Watching the highlights of Arsenal v Blackburn on Sunday night, I could see the lad was trying desperately to make an impact, but being 1 v a whole top four side's back 4 isn't an enviable task. If Allardyce would start him up front with Roberts/McCarthy then I can see him being able to make much more of an impact.

Still though, I'm sure this experience will be very good for his development and we'll see an improved player come back in January.

In that Arsenal game Di Santo actually played up front with David Dunn, and then when Dunn was subbed, with McCarthy (although he didn't last more than a few minutes). I watched the whole game (nothing better to do, and because Di Santo was starting), and Di Santo imo, was decidedly 'average' throughout, to the point of being an irrelevance. To be honest, I expected more from him. Yes, he was often under pressure when receiving the ball, but he never looked like beating his man, or posing a genuine goal threat - and despite the eventual scoreline, there were times when Blackburn were able to mount pressure in and around the Arsenal area.

dooder12   
In that Arsenal game Di Santo actually played up front with David Dunn, and then when Dunn was subbed, with McCarthy (although he didn't last more than a few minutes). I watched the whole game (nothing better to do, and because Di Santo was starting), and Di Santo imo, was decidedly 'average' throughout, to the point of being an irrelevance. To be honest, I expected more from him. Yes, he was often under pressure when receiving the ball, but he never looked like beating his man, or posing a genuine goal threat - and despite the eventual scoreline, there were times when Blackburn were able to mount pressure in and around the Arsenal area.

I watched the match as well and from my viewing, David Dunn rarely got within a hairs breath of Di Santo in terms of genuine linkup play. Instead, Dunn looked to take on his man and run into blind alleys. Di Santo was often times making runs only for Diouf and Dunn to waste a opportunity by playing a square pass or going for glory. From what I watched though, Di Santo overworked himself. Ran too much trying to force the issue and often times he was caught too deep or just off the play. There was one instance when it was 4-2 a Blackburn player had a shot which was parried into Di Santo's path but he reacted to late. Worked himself to death running after lost causes instead of spending his time within the areas. However his support was nonexistent and Dunne and Diouf rarely played him through 1 v 1. I was impressed though with the fact that he many aerial battles and did manage to beat his man (from the left side against Gallas) and showed some nice feet trying to keep possession and linkup. He just didn't receive the ball. Pederson and McCarthy would have been much better players to use behind Di Santo as they actually lift there heads to pass.

I watched the match as well and from my viewing, David Dunn rarely got within a hairs breath of Di Santo in terms of genuine linkup play. Instead, Dunn looked to take on his man and run into blind alleys.

Dunn also scored a goal and earned a penalty (which wasn't given), which isn't too shabby for a guy just 'running into blind alleys'.

Di Santo was often times making runs only for Diouf and Dunn to waste a opportunity by playing a square pass or going for glory.

I think you're being very generous to Di Santo, and very harsh on Dunn. Diouf was plain dreadful throughout.

and did manage to beat his man (from the left side against Gallas)

Yes, that was one. I think you'll be hard-pressed to cite too many more though.

He just didn't receive the ball.

Which is true in part. He also frequently failed to put himself where he could receive the ball to effect - I.e., in the area.

I can't see Sinclair making it, I think he is a championship player at best. Mancienne, really needs to toughen up if he is going to make the grade at the top level. He has the ability but I have seen him and few times this season and he has been crap.

Stoch, I have really high hopes for, same with Kakuta, Borini, Hutchinson and Bruma.

As for Franco, I think he has a great attitude and would love him to really break into the big time but am undecided as to whether he can.

CFC1966   
and Di Santo imo, was decidedly 'average' throughout, to the point of being an irrelevance. To be honest, I expected more from him. Yes, he was often under pressure when receiving the ball, but he never looked like beating his man, or posing a genuine goal threat

Pretty much what you could have said about Drogba and Anelka at Wigan, if you wanted to judge them on one game only. Give the kid a break FFS!