• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

hanuma   

Awesome from Miro, up to 7 goals for the season now.

Sorry to be Scrooge, but this is as it should be, not exceeding realistic expectation for any winger capable of making it with us, doing enough to provide hope that he can be a viable option.

Juni   

Sorry to be Scrooge, but this is as it should be, not exceeding realistic expectation for any winger capable of making it with us, doing enough to provide hope that he can be a viable option.

It's awesome because he's at least living up to expectations scoring big goals and proving that he can indeed be a difference maker. For someone of his height and at a club with a dubious track record of loans, it's very encouraging for me. I do agree that there is an element of expectation and improvement to go if he's to make it here, but props where due.

ish   

the great thing is stoch has been improving bit by bit over the season. You can really see the growth he has had since going to twente from the reserves. The skill and talent were all laid out by chelsea but the game intelligence was lacking, thats what he is picking up at twente. He is scoring and finding his teammates but sometimes he is far ahead of the netherlands in terms of game intelligence, the netherlands ironically enough has a too open nature that flatters to decieve, the level of fitness is also less then in England.

He is doing well especially as a 20 year old(I think he is the best under 21 player in the erevedisie at the moment) and I think the constant game time is useful, I think it might be smart giving him one more loan move if chelsea and stoch were willing and they could find a serie a club. Italy has a good level of midfield and defensive strength that it would give him that extra bit to make the transition to first team easier.

Nico   

I agree that Italy would be a very useful test of any young attacking player - they have to learn to play against some of the best smotherers in world football, who cramp the final third and force the combination of technical ability and imagination under pressure. It sounds like Stoch is developing well, good that he's getting European experience too.

dooder12   

the great thing is stoch has been improving bit by bit over the season. You can really see the growth he has had since going to twente from the reserves. The skill and talent were all laid out by chelsea but the game intelligence was lacking, thats what he is picking up at twente. He is scoring and finding his teammates but sometimes he is far ahead of the netherlands in terms of game intelligence, the netherlands ironically enough has a too open nature that flatters to decieve, the level of fitness is also less then in England.

He is doing well especially as a 20 year old(I think he is the best under 21 player in the erevedisie at the moment) and I think the constant game time is useful, I think it might be smart giving him one more loan move if chelsea and stoch were willing and they could find a serie a club. Italy has a good level of midfield and defensive strength that it would give him that extra bit to make the transition to first team easier.

Nice assessment, very apt. I have been able to catch some full matches and the highlights and I have found that Stoch makes some excellent runs off the ball that are not spotted at times by the likes of Perez or some of the other forwards. He is not only fleet of foot but a quick thinker as well which makes him a far more well-rounded player IMO.

I agree that another loan may be in order for next season but I prefer the Bundesliga as the most logical step up for Stoch as it is the closest to the Prem in terms of game playing style and speed of play. A team like Hertha Berlin could definitely use a player like Stoch in their side and I certainly think if he continues on this form for the rest of the season a loan to a upper table German club may be suitable.

ish   

England would work as well but for a winger I think a good test is italy, the style their is the hardest for many wing forwards to get used to and the game intelligence by the better italian clubs is of a higher order then many English teams

ish   

just to let people know twente plays ajax today. although twente are top, ajax is not far off and they have the best player in the erevidisie in luis suarez.

how did di santo go with blackburn, his team won but no goals or assists