• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

Well Di Santo's gone off after 13 minutes for Blackburn - anyone know why?

EDIT - Hamstring according to the folks on RoversTalk.

EDIT EDIT - And everyone on here about twenty minutes ago.

Edited by Joe Cole's Box of Tricks

Cameron   

You lot scrutinising his every move doesn't help either, judging every little good thing or every little bad thing, posting it, acting like it's a big deal. He's on loan there for six months - season, and he's bound to make mistakes as he's still learning his trade in the Premier League. He's going to have his good games, and his bad games and the best he can do is learn from his bad games so he comes from Chelsea a much more accomplished player. Adebayor is one of the best strikers in the league, and it's hard enough for the best defenders in the league to mark him, never mind Mancienne with a poor defence partnering him.

Edited by Cameron

ChelC   

Mancienne looks half and half so far. some good defending and some bad but you have to admit he is up against the best strikers in the league bar Drogba anelka and rooney. He needs the rest of wolves defence and midfield to help him by tracking back.

lazydude   

Well even JT has admitted to struggling to defend against Adebayor, so I don't think we should be too harsh on Mancienne. This is some vital experience for him.

You lot scrutinising his every move doesn't help either, judging every little good thing or every little bad thing, posting it, acting like it's a big deal. He's on loan there for six months - season, and he's bound to make mistakes as he's still learning his trade in the Premier League. He's going to have his good games, and his bad games and the best he can do is learn from his bad games so he comes from Chelsea a much more accomplished player. Adebayor is one of the best strikers in the league, and it's hard enough for the best defenders in the league to mark him, never mind Mancienne with a poor defence partnering him.

Oh maybe that's why he's not playing so well, because he's too busy reading this forum.

Long story short, he started well, now he's having a shocker. I fail to see how that's scrutinising his every move. And hell, don't we scrutinise the every move of our first team players? Why should this be any different?

And yes, as people are saying, he is up against top, top quality strikers.. But he's still having a poor game. There's justification for it, but it's still poor.

Edited by Curtis Brand

db12d1   
Oh maybe that's why he's not playing so well, because he's too busy reading this forum.

Long story short, he started well, now he's having a shocker. I fail to see how that's scrutinising his every move. And hell, don't we scrutinise the every move of our first team players? Why should this be any different?

And yes, as people are saying, he is up against top, top quality strikers.. But he's still having a poor game. There's justification for it, but it's still poor.

It is far from shocker, he had two or three mistakes in period of five or ten minutes against top players. Except that I think he done very good job.

It is far from shocker, he had two or three mistakes in period of five or ten minutes against top players. Except that I think he done very good job.

Had those top players hit the ball properly, they would be 3 or 4 down. Mancienne has been let off by the fact that Manchester City's finishing is a little off. If he had been responsible for three goals, everyone would be saying he had a shocker... But because Manchester City can't put the ball in the net, he's let off?

I love the kid and he's had several bright moments... But some of the mistakes he has made could have been costly had Manchester City been a little more vigilante.

hanuma   

That's unacceptable by the standard of play we require, the question should be how much of that is due to those around him, I.e. how much control over those mistakes does he have. The half of the first half I saw suggested very little and that he'd done a good job. But he is error-prone by our standard, I have my doubts as to whether that will ever change.