• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

What confidence he has. A kid, on loan from another country, in a club in what appears to be a fierce fight for top spot (PSV is 2 points behind I read), grabs the ball without hesitation to take the penalty in a game where they are behind 1-0 and the pressure is on as they are unbeaten so far this season.

And what does he do with the penalty? He chips/dinks the ball right into the middle. And then add the lovely second half goal...

Incredible.

And he says he was nervous because it was his first penalty in a "big football" match. What on earth will he do when he's confident?

(Lovely one touch through ball right before the penalty he scored from)

ish   

he has confidence I give you that, the penalty could have backfired badly, his second goal shows how confident he is from that kind of distance, alot of his goals come from that, hard for the keeper because defenders in the way. I still say the defense in the erevedisie is **** and he needs a real challenge. although that initial pass to nkufo was very good and it seems he is playing more off the shoulder of nkufo then as a winger, ruiz is the playmaker though not stoch, stoch is used as a second striker

he has confidence I give you that, the penalty could have backfired badly, his second goal shows how confident he is from that kind of distance, alot of his goals come from that, hard for the keeper because defenders in the way. I still say the defense in the erevedisie is **** and he needs a real challenge. although that initial pass to nkufo was very good and it seems he is playing more off the shoulder of nkufo then as a winger, ruiz is the playmaker though not stoch, stoch is used as a second striker

Thing is, I'd rather he play there like that in the Championship.

His challenge now is to help Twente win the Eredivisie and what a challenge it'll be as Twente won it only once in history and that was in 1926 according to wikipedia. It'll be brilliant if he can win it with them.

My hope is that next season a Premiership club in need of a winger will be mighty tempted to try their hand in loaning Stoch if he keeps up the good work. But it's good he's not being rushed.

ish   

Thing is, I'd rather he play there like that in the Championship.

His challenge now is to help Twente win the Eredivisie and what a challenge it'll be as Twente won it only once in history and that was in 1926 according to wikipedia. It'll be brilliant if he can win it with them.

My hope is that next season a Premiership club in need of a winger will be mighty tempted to try their hand in loaning Stoch if he keeps up the good work. But it's good he's not being rushed.

A decent EPL club would be good, wouldnt mind bundesliga or best is serie A but obviously if he keeps going the way he does he might not want to go on loan again unless its a CL playing club. 10 goals and 6 assists in all competitions I think it is now, having played 26 games all up, which isn't a bad tally at all, worse then kalous at that level to put it into perspective at the same age as stoch Kalou scored 24 goals in 38 games playing for feyenoord

hanuma   

A decent EPL club would be good, wouldnt mind bundesliga or best is serie A but obviously if he keeps going the way he does he might not want to go on loan again unless its a CL playing club. 10 goals and 6 assists in all competitions I think it is now, having played 26 games all up, which isn't a bad tally at all, worse then kalous at that level to put it into perspective at the same age as stoch Kalou scored 24 goals in 38 games playing for feyenoord

A relevant comparison but one where you have to bear in mind that Kalou was less of a winger and more of a striker.

Juni   

A relevant comparison but one where you have to bear in mind that Kalou was less of a winger and more of a striker.

Something his Chelsea managers so far have largely failed to realise. He's not a winger.

Maverick   

Something his Chelsea managers so far have largely failed to realise. He's not a winger.

I would like to think that Carlo has realized it.

Zidane   

the penalty could have backfired badly

I don't reckon this is a fair criticism of the lad. ANY penalty can backfire badly, regardless if one takes it cocky or not. If anything this demonstrates the amount of confidence he has.

Juni   

A note on that penalty, it's not the first time he's done it in his career, he's chipped 2 or 3 for Chelsea as well. Suppose it shows he can do it, but if people realise it's a trend then he might be found out next time.