• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Main Site

Following Chelsea's Loans

yugam   

Mancienne is doing a gret job at wolves. I think he can replace Carvalho from next season.

No he definitely wont.

He is no where near Chelsea standard yet and lately he has been featuring in midfield as a holding player rather than a centre back if you need some indication.

On his performance today,he started out brightly and looked impressive but kind of faded away a little in the second half.All in all a decent performance from him against a City side who were in full flow in the second half.

ish   

I think mancienne isn't nearly enough suited for a CB position yet but this DM stuff could be useful for his growth. It should allow him hopefully improve his closing down, holding up the ball and especially his interceptions. he can grow into the CB and RB later. I dont see him staying a chelsea player though, definitely a Huth kind of player, good but not good enough.

Thanks, as always, Juni. For some reason this Delac fellow escapes my memory. I remember being linked with a young goalie... oh wait, wikipedia's helping me. So he's training with us? Smart, give him a bit of a feel until he comes a year or so from now (wiki says 2011). But if we delayed his contract going into effect due to the transfer ban, can we at least sign him up now (in January) since we have that ban delay, I wonder. Maybe we've already done that, I don't know.

I saw a good part of the Wolves-Man City game (almost all the first half, thought I was flipping the channel to see the Chelsea-Fulham re-run just to catch the good moments) and Mancienne seemed interesting in midfield.

One thing that stood out is that Mancienne does have a good long ball capability. However, I missed the second half and I don't know how he coped with attacks there.

lzheyi   

I think he can definitely replace PF and belletti. Whether he is good enough to be the next bosingwa or ivanovic, still early to tell.

Is this something or nothing? The Mirror claiming that Di Santo might be sent packing as he has asked for more money.

I wasn't aware that players on loan could renegotiate their terms. I thought their contract was with their original club. Can anybody shed light for me on how it works? Reading that piece I can only assume that basic salaries are covered in the original loan deal then personal details renegotiated depending on how they do and how much they play? Dangerous game to play for Di Santo perhaps, unless he wants to get back home of course.

Sir   

Was thinking about this last night in bed. I can see Stoch, Michael and Franco coming back next season from loans but I have a worry over Scott. Do you think we will be selling him in the summer ?

For me I don't want him to leave. He has a huge amount of talent and has been dealt with in a shocking manor with all these useless Championship loan moves. Obviously at the moment he is playing very little, so what do we think for Scott ?