• Current Donation Goals

Codger

About The Match Day Forums

Codger   

Right, first a little history lesson.

The MDFs were set up for one reason: so that people who can't get to the game or otherwise watch or possibly even listen to the match, can actually follow what's going on.

They are not and never will be:

• A request topic for streams
  • A topic to post a list of streams

We have a topic especially set up with a list of resources for streams. Do your research before the game. If you find a decent site and it's, a) not something you're promoting or advertising and b) full of spam, pop-ups or otherwise distasteful material, then post it in the right place.

Always check that topic before the game if you're looking for a stream. If you can't find one, try helping others out by looking for one and sharing the wealth, in the right place.

Don't keep posting streams in the MDFs

Don't keep asking for streams in the MDFs

The match away to Sunderland was a very good example of why this is important. There were limited streams of questionable quality, and there are, believe it or not, people who don't actually want to watch a streamed match in the first place. Some people rely on audio and text commentary, or rely on the comments of people who can watch the game.

Clearly there are people posting comments about Chelsea performances in the MDFs who aren't actually watching the game, and even if they are they're clearly spending more time typing than they are watching.

Try thinking about other people

We all know that watching football is an emotive thing, and while it's one thing to lose it at a game or even start ranting at the telly, it's another thing entirely to actually have to watch something and then type it up and hit reply.

There's no excuse for some of the utter cobblers posted in the MDFs. The staff are fed up with it, and it's clear now that members here are getting fed up with it.

The easiest way for us to deal with repeat offenders is to warn them, punt them off the forums for a few hours, or just ban them. Don't let it happen to you, and remember, you're not anonymous on the internet. We urge people to report repeat offenders. It's in your interest to try and make the MDFs a more sensible, useful, and enjoyable place for all concerned.

Just for clarification, if someone finds a particularly good stream is it ok to post it in the Stream Information thread? Or is this disallowed due to legal reasons?

yugam   
Just for clarification, if someone finds a particularly good stream is it ok to post it in the Stream Information thread? Or is this disallowed due to legal reasons?

it is allowed.thats the whole reason for having stream thread..

I hope posters look at this topic as it is for their own benefit.

I am also liking the current phenominon of "naming and shaming" spaz posters and their pubecent rants.

I suugest in addition to the above we have a post match analysis of posts made and a vote as to the most ridiculous for that game and the said poster gets a week ban for first offence a month for 2nd and a life ban for rest.

It can be enjoyable to ridicule the internets biggest losers.

^^ I can't agree with that, it would surely just encourage the wasters, they would see it as a badge of hounour, a bit like asbo's. Just ban em full stop.

Codger   

I think that if people want to call someone out for, by common consensus, being blatantly stupid then that's a very different thing from actually going through a list of people to name and shame.

It's up to the people using the topic to police it, and there's a report button next to every post.

However, what we will do is give people a chance to read this topic, and the topic with a list of streaming resources and should they choose to ignore them then they pay the price.

There are two pinned topics in this forum, there is simply no excuse for ignoring them.

yugam   
There are two pinned topics in this forum, there is simply no excuse for ignoring them.

I think they can still ignore it..only 73 views since the evening.

people just dont care..

hard work for you Grahame..you deserve praise for keeping up with this..

Harvz   

So much of the whining for new and active streams is unnecessary anyway. Yesterday, after my stream died, I spent literally 60 seconds looking through the links from ONE of Toby's recommended sites and I found a stream that lasted me the rest of the game.

A little effort from one of the many people who persistently ask and ask would probably save them a lot of typing and they may see more of the game.

Osgood 9   

Fair Play Grahame.

Much Needed.

I mean there's always a bit of banter in the MDF's which is good but some just take the piss sometimes.

EDIT

There's no excuse for some of the utter cobblers posted in the MDFs. The staff are fed up with it, and it's clear now that members here are getting fed up with it.

You've hit the nail on the head there Grahame.

Edited by Osgood 9