• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue_Swede

Pub With Atmosphere

I live in Sweden, but I still manage to get to a few Chelsea matches every season. Last season I went to eight games and I will probably get a few more this season. I always enjoy the matchday and meeting mates, having a few pints and singing some songs before entering Stamford Bridge. My usual routine is going to the Fox and Pheasant pretty early to meet the other Swedes who are at the game and then move on to the So Bar with about two hours to go to kick-off.

The thing is, I'm starting to get tired of the So Bar. It's always packed to the very limit which makes it hotter than a sauna, they only serve (as far as I know) lager in plastic mugs and it's impossible to have a conversation even with the person standing next to you.

Therefore I would like to know what my options are. I'm looking for a pub near Stamford Bridge which has a decent selection of beer, which isn't absolutely packed but still has atmosphere. It doesn't have to be as noisy as the So Bar but there has to be some singing before the games.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them. Since I don't get to that many games a season I'd like to make the most of each matchday so I'm willing to try another pub next time.

Thanks in advance. Up the Chels!

Try Chateau 6 Oscar (used to be the White Hart, at the traffic lights opposite the Slug near the tube station). Noisy "spit n' sawdust" back bar, quieter front. Not the So Bar by any means but you can watch an early game whilst having a chat with a decent hubub. Seen it quite lively in there after matches admittedly. Not a huge selection of beers. If you want that, then you're going to have to sacrifice a bit of atmosphere.

Yeah, I can imagine it's a bit of a catch 22.

Try Chateau 6 Oscar (used to be the White Hart, at the traffic lights opposite the Slug near the tube station). Noisy "spit n' sawdust" back bar, quieter front. Not the So Bar by any means but you can watch an early game whilst having a chat with a decent hubub. Seen it quite lively in there after matches admittedly. Not a huge selection of beers. If you want that, then you're going to have to sacrifice a bit of atmosphere.

Thanks for the tip, Jerry. Might try that one next time.