Forum Administrator

Media / Press

7,907 posts in this topic

We know they read the site and pull out any negatives they can.

So use this thread to reply to their articles or interviews.

The Good Bad and the Ugly ... Try to keep it constructive ...

I hope to God the Editor of the NotW doesn't engage in any extra-marital activities, because they wouldn't want to be accused of double-standards in not reporting it would they? After all, it's in the public's interest to know.

W*nkers.

Just remember John Terry is the only player / person ever to have had an (alledged) affair with a single woman. This is why it's such big news.

My impression is that the press are up in arms when someone gets or attempts to get, a gagging order, it seems you can do more or less what you want but if, god forbid, you want to keep it secret, then they come down on you like a ton of bricks.

No one is better than our press, for being salacious but hypocritically condemning at the same time.

Most people, even rival fans who dislike Chelsea and John Terry, are making the connection between an Australian owned paper/papers and the vendetta against an England Captain, be it Terry, Will Carling or Lawrence Dallalgio. Especially if England are due to play against Australia in a forthcoming tournament.

I would also suggest that it is very much in the public interest to find out who is leaking details of other peoples private lives to the NOTW...I wonder how the editor of that paper would feel if he were compelled in a court of law, to release the names of all the sneaks and grasses who've stitched people up over the years...I would imagine he'd seek an injunction to stop people finding out, hopefully someone with the money and the inclination, will put that to the test one day...Then maybe we'll see how seriously the press in this country take transparancy and public interest..

We've had more than our fair share of apologies over untrue stories since Roman Abramovich took over, I'm sure we're not the only club either, but journalists get really shirty and defensive if you challange them on it, even the tame journos on Paper view get arsey if challanged about the lies they write...In fact come to think of it, Journalists really are filth aren't they..

Edited by Shelly

I hope to God the Editor of the NotW doesn't engage in any extra-marital activities, because they wouldn't want to be accused of double-standards in not reporting it would they? After all, it's in the public's interest to know.

W*nkers.

Just imagine the outrage in the papers if:

1) a reporter made up a story

2) a reporter/editor used "sources" and didn't check the validity or truth

3) someone illegally intercepted telephone calls (or sms texts)

4) falsely submitted expenses claims

Just as well it would never happen.

I don't buy any newspapers, haven't for over 10 years. Found them not to "do what it says on the tin" and no longer have the need to line the bottom of a budgies cage.

Do you really want to know what was broadcast on the day before's TV? Are you really interest in "celeb x-factor dancing on ice in the jungle with superstar big brother ?"

Ditch the rags - you know it makes sense!

Maybe NOTW have lots of proof, but they can't use it because it was obtained through illegal means (such as phone tapping, hacking etc).

News of the World - we don't REPORT the news, we CREATE it.

Should we by some amazing fluke witness JT lifting the World Cup this summer, please do not have the brass balls to lead with "it was the Sun that won it" after doing your best to derail the process from day one.

Remember when Diana died, and the press, fearful that the angry mob would turn on them, for their use of the Paparazzi, put the blame on the Queen, for not rushing down from Balmoral to grieve openly on the streets of London, with crowds of strangers...Some people fell for it, but an awful lot of others didn't, "but its your fault" cried the journos, "we only print what you want to see". Not true, most people that I know buy the same paper each day, and continue to buy it regardless of which C-list celeb or minor royal is pictured coming out of a night club.

I usually turn straight to the back pages of a paper to read the football, then I might turn to the wimmins section to see what expensive handbag I can't afford. It occurs to me, that I can read all the match reports and transfer gossip I want on the web, and can buy a copy of vogue to read about shoes and handbags etc. I'm pretty sure that in about 10 years time, the daily paper will be a thing of the past. It'll be great to think that loads of hacks will be slung on the scrap heap, even if they try to charge people for using the web, as I believe the sun are mooting,I think they'll find people will just look elsewhere...

The only trouble is, what are we going to wrap our fish and chips in..?

Can I just extend this beyond the media, and please, quote me on this.

GERRY SUTCLIFFE MP IS A MASSIVE, MASSIVE C**T

Tosser has a huge vendetta against this club.

Can I just extend this beyond the media, and please, quote me on this.

GERRY SUTCLIFFE MP IS A MASSIVE, MASSIVE C**T

Tosser has a huge vendetta against this club.

Massive, Massive hypocrite and a fool...someone should have asked him about MP's expenses, when he was pontificating about JT...