• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Anyone here into conspiracies? The Glazers are under extreme pressure with Manchester United and they desperately need success in the Premier League and Champions League... Chelsea are no doubt their major obstacle.... This media campaign against Chelsea is truly their way to damage the team, and unfortunately JT's form in the last couple of games is reflecting on that (although I'm optimistic). On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if England achieve nothing at this summer's World Cup and I'd put the blame not just on the evil media, but on the supporters all around the country who have called for JT to step down. Furthermore, Wayne Bridge could have helped his country and this whole scandal by just serving his country this summer. With Ashley Cole out it doesn't look good for the English defense does it? And now The Sun have some sort of vendetta against Chelsea with Ashely Cole's marital issues. They wanna kill Chelsea! What can we do? We can say "F**k 'em all"! All the Chelsea players should write "F**k Rupert Murdoch's media" on their under shirts so whoever scores a goal should show that to all.

Absolute classic from TalkSport drivetime yesterday.

Adrian "********" Durham actually said " If England don't win the world cup it will be John Terry's fault"!

I wondered who'd be the first.My money was on Stan "world beater" Collymore.

Edit> Sorry that should be Wife not world.

With his colorful *history* could also be Meat not world?

simon   

But Sky is a massive organisation, and just because someone doesn't like the Sun or Talksport is no reason to avoid the Times (Rod Liddle excepted) or SKY TV. I no

I never said there was.

Khobar   

Well, I got this from The National Union of Journalists website.

The NUJ's Code of Conduct has set out the main principles of British and Irish journalism since 1936. It is part of the rules and all journalists joining the union must sign that they will strive to adhere to it.

Members of the National Union of Journalists are expected to abide by the following professional principles:

A journalist:

1. At all times upholds and defends the principle of media freedom, the right of freedom of expression and the right of the public to be informed

2. Strives to ensure that information disseminated is honestly conveyed, accurate and fair

3. Does her/his utmost to correct harmful inaccuracies

4. Differentiates between fact and opinion

5. Obtains material by honest, straightforward and open means, with the exception of investigations that are both overwhelmingly in the public interest and which involve evidence that cannot be obtained by straightforward means

6. Does nothing to intrude into anybody’s private life, grief or distress unless justified by overriding consideration of the public interest

7. Protects the identity of sources who supply information in confidence and material gathered in the course of her/his work

8. Resists threats or any other inducements to influence, distort or suppress information

9. Takes no unfair personal advantage of information gained in the course of her/his duties before the information is public knowledge

10. Produces no material likely to lead to hatred or discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, race, colour, creed, legal status, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation

11. Does not by way of statement, voice or appearance endorse by advertisement any commercial product or service save for the promotion of her/his own work or of the medium by which she/he is employed

12. Avoids plagiarism.

The NUJ believes a journalist has the right to refuse an assignment or be identified as the author of editorial that would break the letter or spirit of the code. The NUJ will fully support any journalist disciplined for asserting her/his right to act according to the code.

So, whilst the NUJ qwould support any journalist who refused work if it breached any of the above, does anyone know what the NUJ feel about someone who actually practices any of the above? Number 10 in particular seems to relate to a couple of recent cases.

Russ   

Not sure where to put this, but didn't quite think it was worthy of its own thread...

Anyway,

Thank god For Martin Samuel.

His article today on is a refreshing take on that stale comeback often heard in the same sentence as the word Chelsea when an oppo fan has run out of any intelligent argument, if any intelligence was in fact present in the first place, ' You've got no history '

A comment that is best ignored, but often irks because you know it's wrong, but you realise it's useless trying to correct it.

Anyway, for your amusement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1256723/Martin-Samuel-Wigans-win-Liverpool--hows-history-Javier-Mascherano.html

Shouldn’t the conversation go, ‘I know we appear to be travelling backwards; that lesser teams present a serious challenge to us, I know we were removed from the Champions League at the group stage and may not even qualify for the tournament next season but, hey — 11 league titles and four European Cups between 1973 and 1990, you can’t say fairer than that. Now, where do I sign?’

Classic.

I'd just like to slag off (yet again) the Daily Heil, in particular the pillocks who censor comment on their website and the utter jerk that is the Heil on Sunday columnist Patrick Collins.

Anyone who's ever read that website will know that they print comments from readers on all topics, and are not averse to printing views that would go down very well at a behind-closed-meeting of the BNP.

I have today attempted to post a reply to this piece by Collins:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1257765/Patrick-Collins-So-football-needs-English-managers-Tell-WI.html

In this column he lays into the English contingent of Premiership managers, of which he tells us there are just seven. He exempts two from criticism - Hodgson and Laws - and ignores Bruce altogether, and then lays into Redknapp, Brown, Allardyce and, er, Tony Pulis.

Quite what Tony Pulis is doing in this 'analysis' is hard to explain, given that he is about as English as Sir Alex Ferguson, Rafa Benitez and Martin O'Neill.

I have posted three comments pointing out this fact - Pulis is Welsh - and included links to prove my point when the first one didn't get through. To date, they haven't posted a single one, and the page still lies to its readership that "No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts?"

Please join me in trying to get the Heil and Colins to publish an embarrassing correction.

I'd just like to slag off (yet again) the Daily Heil, in particular the pillocks who censor comment on their website and the utter jerk that is the Heil on Sunday columnist Patrick Collins.

Anyone who's ever read that website will know that they print comments from readers on all topics, and are not averse to printing views that would go down very well at a behind-closed-meeting of the BNP.

I have today attempted to post a reply to this piece by Collins:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1257765/Patrick-Collins-So-football-needs-English-managers-Tell-WI.html

In this column he lays into the English contingent of Premiership managers, of which he tells us there are just seven. He exempts two from criticism - Hodgson and Laws - and ignores Bruce altogether, and then lays into Redknapp, Brown, Allardyce and, er, Tony Pulis.

Quite what Tony Pulis is doing in this 'analysis' is hard to explain, given that he is about as English as Sir Alex Ferguson, Rafa Benitez and Martin O'Neill.

I have posted three comments pointing out this fact - Pulis is Welsh - and included links to prove my point when the first one didn't get through. To date, they haven't posted a single one, and the page still lies to its readership that "No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts?"

Please join me in trying to get the Heil and Colins to publish an embarrassing correction.

Collins is just a windbag, his opinions aren't worth tuppence. And the Daily Wail is just another version of The Sun, albeit for the over 65s! Collins couldn't spot a good manager if he tripped over one, the Charlton supporting, talentless, ignorant old fart!

Juni   

Whilst I shouldn't be wound up, I have been by this latest piece. I've also replied, and intend to follow through on my promise:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1258364/Chelsea-fans-told-raise-temperature-bring-singing-voices-crunch-European-clash-Inter.html?ITO=1490

That would be the Fulham who have had to advertise in London media to shift tickets, let alone create an atmosphere?

Or the West Ham who haven't had a big home game in living memory (Cup Semi/Final in 06 weren't at Upton Park)?

How abour Ryan Giggs calling on his fans to get behind the team in a local derby of all things? How dare he? (http://tinyurl.com/ydfgtwy)

Naturally, Man Utd fans are so good, they don't need prompting from their club to add to their banners, no no. (http://tinyurl.com/yzefkw7)

Even Liverpool have taken to encouraging their fans, how dare they? The most famous of atmospheres! (http://tinyurl.com/ybcbknt)

Don't let this get in the way of yet another barb at Chelsea though. I can also assure you, that if this doesn't get published, it will on another Chelsea site, along with another comment you chose to censor the other day. Freedom of speech? Pah.

just commented but doubt they will publish it

Clearly this ' journalist' doesnt know anything about the club...West ham couldnt even sell out a london derby v us or against arsenal in the fa cup 3rd round so there goes your argument ..... Fulham are worse... have to have clappers to make noise so again your pathetic attempt at winding up chelsea fans crumbles.... was nice to see anfield so full last night... oh wait.. it wasn't... epic fail your argument again...Arsenal also have scarves before games so why not attempt at writing an article on them considering its called the library for a good reason...we sell out over 41K every home game so come back when you when you have actually done some research before bad mouthing a club