• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

chara   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

haha - Free Speech is probably one of the most murkiest of grey areas around.  It is not binary and not simple.

Not simple Droy?..that was my point I think

14 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

With respect to this issue I reckon it's more simple than you imply Chara. Quite simply, we either have free speech or we don't. The interpretation of what has been said and a response to it can only come after it has been said after all.

With respect to Kaepernick I reckon he justifiably showed a lot of guts in an America that's slowly looking less and less of a free society to me. Actually not so slowly.

Ok... I believe in hearing/reading other 's views on all things..we can all learn from examining different angles..both posters quoted here by me are intelligent observers of things other than Chelsea and both have afforded me insight into matters that I may have missed for which I thank them and hope for many more good moments.and I will not add any further political shaded posts after this.

The media in all it's forms follows agendas ...here in the US the media is particularily polarizing and in the main juvenile and childish but like a child with matches very dangerous...if it was not for free speech here a lot of so called journalism would be consigned to the trash can... some things spoken in public by many are shameful and that covers the whole spectrum.

I write not in support of any "side" as I believe it is up to the individual to make choices not to be led by agendas.

Oh sorry my support of a side..... is CHELSEA.

Sciatika   

They could have stayed quiet but chose to boo the national anthem. Now, I doubt they collectively have anything against the Queen or take a view on the likelihood that a deity would intervene to protect her, so one must infer that it is a campaign to reject the state in general over some specific slight or simply a general predisposition against it. But there is no evidence that it was a concerted campaign and it was not accompanied by the usual banners that might give us some kind of clue as to the reason for their booing. I have no idea why they think I am supposed to care very much about what they think.  So in the end, they make a noise which has no content. It might as well be a bovine snort as anything else for all the value it had.

Ham   

The club have smashed it here.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ham said:

The club have smashed it here.  

Not my cup of tea, but everytime a player I like gets shown I breathe a huge sigh of relief - ah, that one is staying.

Ham   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not my cup of tea, but everytime a player I like gets shown I breathe a huge sigh of relief - ah, that one is staying.

Here's the whole thing. Great lyrics throughout.

Particularly like the Mason Mount bit. 

1 minute ago, hallgalley said:

Interesting from bbc breaking news from City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49337051

V interesting.  Obviously we don't know what happened in this case, but we do know how City deal with UEFA.  They just call their bluff and say - if you block us from the CL we'll take you straight to court, we all know your rules are illegal within the EU so what you gonna do now - and some minor acceptable punishment like a fine or a slightly reduced CL squad is agreed to allow UEFA to keep face.

You got to admire them in some respects.

Holymoly   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You got to admire them in some respects.

That said £315k is really just chump change to them. What's the point? On the plus side I guess it's less money into the FIFA slush fund.

Another kick in the nuts for the board . We've done wrong , but the wrong kind of wrong apparently .