• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Huh? They avoid a transfer ban whereas we are slapped with one immediately? 

Just another fantastic day at corruption central. 

Maybe less hand wringing and more back handers are in order.

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Huh? They avoid a transfer ban whereas we are slapped with one immediately? 

Just another fantastic day at corruption central. 

My guess is that have considerably less than 29 players involved.
But I also suspect that our appeal may well be working, and that in co-operation with the FA we are close to overturning the ban.  Obviously a bit late now.  But it would explain the soft treatment of City - with FIFA just wanting an unchallenged conviction down as a reference mark.  And it might be some kind or reason why we didn't ask for a delay - though quite how is not clear yet.

There is this common practice in legal affairs that pleading not guilty gets you a much bigger sentence.  Sometimes it is because early contrition implies less likelihood of a repeat offence.  But unfortunately mostly it is simply to make it easier to get guilty pleas in cases where guilt is not clear.

^,^^,

I doubt in this case corruption is the issue.  I think it is more to do with FIFA trying to force through compliance of badly designed rules.  After all the FA approved all our registrations so there was a lot of misunderstanding.  That and the City upfront bullyboy attitude.

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is this common practice in legal affairs that pleading not guilty gets you a much bigger sentence.  Sometimes it is because early contrition implies less likelihood of a repeat offence

I think the main reason with police in the uk is actually because pleading guilty saves the time and money of putting together a case, which is a significant outlay. With taking responsibility and cooperation a secondary consideration.

No mention of the FA being charged n this instance...

4 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I think the main reason with police in the uk is actually because pleading guilty saves the time and money of putting together a case, which is a significant outlay. With taking responsibility and cooperation a secondary consideration.

Quite - all the wrong reasons.  The innocent but timid plead guilty.  The guilty but arrogant plead not guilty.  The wrong people get punished. And the "crime" being judged is no longer what happened leading up to it, but what happened afterwards.

10 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

No mention of the FA being charged n this instance...

That is a very relevant point.  As I suggested, it may be that the FA have defended themselves successfully making the case against both us and City now very weak.  

Ham   

Well as long as our non-action assisted City.........

RS3925_135165692-scr.jpg

Stim   

Wonder what happens if we do indeed get the ban overturned. They can't exactly give us back the transfer window.

Lots of potential lost revenue and consequences for not being able to strengthen but I feel like only we'd give as hit as we effectively serve a ban for no reason.

edit:sorry if I missed any discussion about it already.

Edited by Stim

26 minutes ago, Stim said:

Wonder what happens if we do indeed get the ban overturned. They can't exactly give us back the transfer window.

Lots of potential lost revenue and consequences for not being able to strengthen but I feel like only we'd give as hit as we effectively serve a ban for no reason.

edit:sorry if I missed any discussion about it already.

In theory the window runs till end of month for UEFA and FIFA, so I would imagine that the FA could re-open it just for us till then if it is all sorted quickly.
In practice, unless the club has known a great deal that it hasn't told us, we are unlikely to have any targets set up ready to buy.  

Holymoly   

I understand Tammy Abraham was racially abused online after missing the penalty against the Scum. No doubt it will turn out to have been a Chelsea supporter or else expect the story to sink without trace if it is found to have originated from the Stanley Park area of Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I understand Tammy Abraham was racially abused online after missing the penalty against the Scum. No doubt it will turn out to have been a Chelsea supporter or else expect the story to sink without trace if it is found to have originated from the Stanley Park area of Liverpool.

From the clips on the Daily Mail website they could have been from anyone, there's mentions of ruined bets etc.

I sent him a message telling him to keep going and  to try and keep his spirits up, not that I expect he'll read it.