• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

It goes without saying but you guys are the best , thanks everyone., I'll be back soon .

asvaberg   

Good luck - wish you all the best :)

22 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm fine thanks , just having a few "personal issues" . It's amazing how you can be sailing along oblivious to things and then get taken out from three sides ! 

Today’s “issues “, are tomorrow’s “challenges” and the futures “successes”  

Well, that’s how I try to rationalise things anyways. 

Head up and Up The Chels

• Like 1

JaneB   

So Vincent Kompany, who I've always quite liked, thinks Virgil van Dijk is the best central defender in the premier league era.

He says he obviously hasn't played here as long as certain other players but if he had have done he would certainly have been as good and probably better.  Or something like that.  Perfect logic obviously.

I don't doubt he's had a brilliant season but personally, and I will be shot at dawn by the PC Police, I find him rather disconcerting to watch.  Very feminine features.  

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

So Vincent Kompany, who I've always quite liked, thinks Virgil van Dijk is the best central defender in the premier league era.

He says he obviously hasn't played here as long as certain other players but if he had have done he would certainly have been as good and probably better.  Or something like that.  Perfect logic obviously.

I don't doubt he's had a brilliant season but personally, and I will be shot at dawn by the PC Police, I find him rather disconcerting to watch.  Very feminine features.  

No way is he the best CB in the Premier League era. An absolutely ridiculous claim by Kompany. 

Is VVD a very good CB? Yes naturally. But personally I think that the standard of CBs are way below the standards of the Terry, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carvalho, Gallas etc era. Those CBs were all much better than VVD. All of them. 

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

No way is he the best CB in the Premier League era. An absolutely ridiculous claim by Kompany. 

Is VVD a very good CB? Yes naturally. But personally I think that the standard of CBs are way below the standards of the Terry, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carvalho, Gallas etc era. Those CBs were all much better than VVD. All of them. 

Very pleased to agree with you.

Now he's left Man City, I think Kompany has had an attack of Scousitis 😍

39 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Agree with that and where he is behind them is awareness, he rarely if at all knows what is going on on his blind side he just never looks. Always focuses on where the ball is. Fine if he is marking but as the free man he needs to follow what's going on overall. Given that the English game has a lot of crossing into the box or long passes he doesnt get caught out that much but when a team moves the ball on the ground at pace he does. We scored our goal at home last season through that and in the Super cup where Giroud ran in on his blind side anchecked

Jasonb   

I would wager a politically correct choice by Kompany as one CB stands out and for reasons certain parts of the media would applaud he chooses a promising CB with only recent exposure.

26 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

bbc

easy read and positive.

Interesting.  I think he has exaggerated greatly the role of Cech.  He is not an upward link between Lampard and the board.  He is a downward link between Lampard and the Academy.  Arguably his very existence implies that Frank is not as close to the Academy as so many think.