• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

bbc

easy read and positive.

Yes that's rare with a LIverpool match approaching, usually they find something to up the anti. They must be confident of winning...

Rather belated, but Peter Beardsley banned from football for racist remarks to Newcastle youth players.  Imagine the uproar if that happened at our club.  Never liked Beardsley,  I remember him and his boss Keegan moaning about us getting David Batty sent off, when it clearly a red card incident back in '96/97 I think.

Edited by blueandproud

On 20/09/2019 at 10:53 AM, Droy was my hero said:

Interesting.  I think he has exaggerated greatly the role of Cech.  He is not an upward link between Lampard and the board.  He is a downward link between Lampard and the Academy.  Arguably his very existence implies that Frank is not as close to the Academy as so many think.

Is your theory that Cech is not an important link between the first team and the board,  based on the fact that in the past you have said that he isn't an important link between the first team and the board,  or do you have any  evidence or quotes to back that up?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Is your theory that Cech is not an important link between the first team and the board,  based on the fact that in the past you have said that he isn't an important link between the first team and the board,  or do you have any  evidence or quotes to back that up?

Based on the club statement when they employed him, and to be fair 75% of the press reports on the appointment.

The clue is in the word Advisor.

I think a more interesting question is why you would doubt it.  

9 hours ago, Ham said:

https://mol.I'm/a/7487661

Explains a lot........

About who. John Humphries or the BBC?

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Based on the club statement when they employed him, and to be fair 75% of the press reports on the appointment.

The clue is in the word Advisor.

I think a more interesting question is why you would doubt it.  

Thats not really a very interesting question ( but maybe the forum is on tenter hooks)... but the reason I doubt it is because the club said absolutely nothing about Cechs job role just being a link between the first team and the academy and neither did 75% of the media...You just pulled a random figure out of the air and I don't accept it.    I did read comments in the Telegraph giving detailed description of his role as a 'link between Lampard and the board' when he joined ( or just before he joined) and now I read another interesting and detailed piece confirming just that 7 or 8 games in. If you trust the media on this subject then so can I. And the clue isn't in the word Advisor.  The clue is in WHO he is advising.  Is it the head of the academy or is it Maria G ( or maybe is it both). Maybe we're both right.....now that would be interesting!!

Edit: I should also mention that this season especially , we have far less advise being given to Maria G about possible transfers. But what is considerably more important IS the connection between first team and academy.  This situation is fluid and can change and that's how I see Cechs role...a bit of everything where needed. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

9 hours ago, Ham said:

https://mol.I'm/a/7487661

Explains a lot........

Never mind the BBC news team, the bias on chat shows, radio shows is incredible.  2 different worlds, and the BBC lives entirely in one of them.

57 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

About who. John Humphries or the BBC?

:) I'm sure Ham was still on topic, so perhaps the closed worlds and fixed mindsets of the football Liverpool are heroes journalists, or the PMGOL who never meet anyone who doesn't agree with them - so never ask themselves why.   Not the people who don't know the difference between HK and Paris.