• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

About who. John Humphries or the BBC?

Specifically about the BBC. When we complain about bias in football reporting it's worth noting that an organisation can and does have an agenda. 

58 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Edit: I should also mention that this season especially , we have far less advise being given to Maria G about possible transfers. But what is considerably more important IS the connection between first team and academy.  This situation is fluid and can change and that's how I see Cechs role...a bit of everything where needed. 

I know you like to live in your own BBC world of your own creation on Chelsea.
But just to point out - this season transfer policy is more important than ever, because we are preparing 2 years of bids this coming early spring (or perhaps even earlier).
And secondly the link between First team and Academy is less important than ever.  All the potential first team candidates are already in the first team squad.  

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Specifically about the BBC. When we complain about bias in football reporting it's worth noting that an organisation can and does have an agenda. 

I don't think that is what Humphrys was saying though.  I think his point was there was no deliberate agenda at all but the limited outlook of all those similar people made them incapable of treating the topic without bias.   

That is an unconscious "institutionalised bias" which is does nothing to address rather than a conscious agenda.

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes it can, but opinions will differ concerning what that agenda might be, or indeed whether there is one. And those opinions will be based on their owners' agendas too won't they? As will your own of course.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I know you like to live in your own BBC world of your own creation on Chelsea.

The thing is Droy, if a media outlet agrees with your opinion, they are spot on the money, if they disagree, then are either ill informed or living in a fantasy world waiting to lure in idiots like myself. The article in question here which you apparently found 'interesting' was fine until it mentioned Cech job description . Then it got it all wrong. But fyi, I have not found one media outlet ( including Chelsea's own) that follows your description of what Cechs designation is. I, on the other hand can quote several that follows my conclusion of what he does for us. 

Noblyland or Droyland. Pays ya money ya take your choice I suppose.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

The thing is Droy, if a media outlet agrees with your opinion, they are spot on the money (no - and I have never ever claimed that*), if they disagree, then are either ill informed or living in a fantasy world (no- just trolling and producing click-bait,like most of the internet)  waiting to lure in idiots like myself (yes)

10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

But fyi, I have not found one media outlet ( including Chelsea's own) that follows your description of what Cechs designation is. I, on the other hand can quote several that follows my conclusion of what he does for us. 

I should quote them instead of bragging at how great your internet search skills are again.

Of course if Cech really was brought in at SFL's level or above as you suggest, I think they'd be hundreds of stories, many of them asking about what SFL's position really is, and what a mess the club was in.

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

I should quote them instead of bragging at how great your internet search skills are again.

Of course if Cech really was brought in at SFL's level or above as you suggest, I think they'd be hundreds of stories, many of them asking about what SFL's position really is, and what a mess the club was in.

I'm not suggesting that or even that there is a perceived hierarchy . I'm suggesting that opinions of yours such as " Cech probably has no need to even communicate with Lampard" , as you have told me in the past are figments of your vivid imagination. Your very welcome to keep your title of internet search king. 

59 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'm not suggesting that or even that there is a perceived hierarchy . I'm suggesting that opinions of yours such as " Cech probably has no need to even communicate with Lampard" , as you have told me in the past are figments of your vivid imagination. Your very welcome to keep your title of internet search king. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I really hope for you that you can find that quote - as an actual quote or even something close to it  - as far as I am concerned you just make stuff up as soon as you start to lose an argument.  Shame on you.

29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I really hope for you that you can find that quote - as an actual quote or even something close to it  - as far as I am concerned you just make stuff up as soon as you start to lose an argument.  Shame on you.

Are you telling me you didn't say it? We been here before Droy and shame was very much on you. 

Edit: Actually let me bat this back to you. You tell me  what You said about the working relationship between Lampard and Cech and we'll see if we meet in the middle somewhere. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Are you telling me you didn't say it? We been here before Droy and shame was very much on you. 

Edit: Actually let me bat this back to you. You tell me  what You said about the working relationship between Lampard and Cech and we'll see if we meet in the middle somewhere. 

Get a memory or learn to search - till then stop making stuff up.