• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Get a memory or learn to search - till then stop making stuff up.

The actual words you wrote went something like " I doubt that Cech even has to report to Lampard". Is that not something you could imagine yourself writing? Or do you in fact believe the opposite viewpoint ? That would mean you then believe that the two DO confer regularly on first team matters and talk about transfer targets which then Cech reports back to Maria G on their discussions. Which is it? You either agree with my made up quote or you shoot a hole in your own argument that Cech is a toothless tiger. 

Ìn all seriousness Droy, you write an awful lot of posts. Far far more than me or probably anybody else. Keeping track of everything you write and every view point must be tricky.  I don't write that much but have a memory like an elephant.  What I am not prepared to do any more with you is trawl through dozens and dozens of our posts because I don't have the time or inclination, so feel free to just deny it .

In any case we know what would happen when I found it because we've been there before. We had a long exchange of posts recently where you denied ever saying that Lampard did not have the 'correct badges' to manage Chelsea in Europe. You accused me of making things up, being a fantasist, behaving in a shameful manner ( sound familiar?) , then when I eventually found your post that you never wrote, and put it in front of you , you just made some quip about me finding a KitKat in my pocket. 

Maybe  you think it's funny wasting people's time or maybe you really can't remember what you wrote. Either way it's not happening any more my friend. We can just discuss things in the here and now ( which we do quite happily)  and I will not quote anything you've said in the past because you just get upset and hurl insults at me.  I think you and I and the forum can do without it. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

21 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

The actual words you wrote went something like " I doubt that Cech even has to report to Lampard".

19 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'm not suggesting that or even that there is a perceived hierarchy . I'm suggesting that opinions of yours such as " Cech probably has no need to even communicate with Lampard" , as you have told me in the past are figments of your vivid imagination.  

That is a big big step backwards from your first claim and you still haven't linked to the "quote"

Like I said, get a memory or learn to search.  Learning what quoting people with quotation marks means too.

You are seriously embarrassing yourself with all this arguing about things that haven't been said.

21 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

In any case we know what would happen when I found it because we've been there before.

Feel free to link to that too.  You won't.  You claimed I said 3 things, I denied two and you yelled victory because you found the third.

(MT - I am finished until genuinely quoted)

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

That is a big big step backwards from your first claim and you still haven't linked to the "quote"

Like I said, get a memory or learn to search.  Learning what quoting people with quotation marks means too.

You are seriously embarrassing yourself with all this arguing about things that haven't been said.

Feel free to link to that too.  You won't.  You claimed I said 3 things, I denied two and you yelled victory because you found the third.

(MT - I am finished until genuinely quoted)

So perhaps when I said " communicate with" I should have said " communicate with regarding to football matters" . I didn't actually mean the two friends would ignore each other in the staff canteen....but I think you knew that. So in essence, you have thrown your rattle out of the pram over the subtle difference of "communicate with" and "report to"?....Ok well no point searching for that sentence if you see no problem with it. My opinion is that they report stuff regularly with each other.....You don't...or maybe you do...I don't have the foggiest idea and no longer really care. And I am not the slightest bit embarrassed  Droy, but you know that too I suspect. Your words are water off a ducks back.

Nobody deliberately misquotes, but you have 'form' with calling someone dishonest and shameful by misquoting you,  only for them prove they were correct .And it doesn't matter if its happened occassionaly or often. Its happened and you should be more careful and not so sure of yourself. 

Ham   

Just watched Refwatch with Dermot Gallagher. 

How has he got any credibility anymore? Embarrassing.  Stealing a living. 

Rob, the Chelsea supporting Sky presenter absolutely slaughtered him, as did Stephen Warnock. 

Aside from the nonsense in the Chelsea game he also suggested that the ref was right not to give Villa a penalty at the end for handball. Said he tried to pull his arm away which is the polar opposite of what he actually did. 

Warnock just said "Oh come on Dermot!"

Rob pulled him up on his hypocrisy over the phases of play after the Norwich game and he had no clue. Tried to justify both decisions even though he contradicted himself.  

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Rob, the Chelsea supporting Sky presenter absolutely slaughtered him, as did Stephen Warnock. 

Aside from the nonsense in the Chelsea game he also suggested that the ref was right not to give Villa a penalty at the end for handball. Said he tried to pull his arm away which is the polar opposite of what he actually did. 

Rob pulled him up on his hypocrisy over the phases of play after the Norwich game and he had no clue. Tried to justify both decisions even though he contradicted himself.  

It’s uncomfortable viewing at times. Whilst people can have differing opinions, Sky need to reign this crap in and tell Gallagher that this feature is pointless if you just back the referee regardless. It has zero credibility and needs to be axed, or replace Gallagher with an ex ref not scared to speak his mind like Halsey or even Poll. At least they will give an opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Are the commentators and co-coms rebelling against Sky policy?  Certainly unusual.  Surely the whole point for Sky of VAR is that it takes the entertainment away from the passionate match goer and gives it to the dispassionate TV viewer.

The nearest equivalent I can think is Iran where all of a sudden everything has become "the US and UK claim...".

paulw66   
16 hours ago, Ham said:

Meanwhile, did you see how much attention MOTD2 gave to our disallowed goal on Sunday?

That's right. Nothing. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Meanwhile, did you see how much attention MOTD2 gave to our disallowed goal on Sunday?

That's right. Nothing. 

It really is us against the media , nobody cares as long as they get paid .

Ham   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

That's right. Nothing. 

They even managed to make it look like we got outplayed somehow.  

1 hour ago, Ham said:

They even managed to make it look like we got outplayed somehow.  

We did.  Decent performance by us against the CL champions who got 90 odd points last year, but they were always in control.