• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We did.  Decent performance by us against the CL champions who got 90 odd points last year, but they were always in control.

No way.  Watch the game again Droy and study the stats.  

Other than the set pieces, they barely bothered us.  A 2 minute spell after half time maybe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ham said:

No way.  Watch the game again Droy and study the stats.  

Other than the set pieces, they barely bothered us.  A 2 minute spell after half time maybe.

2-0 up why should they bother?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

2-0 up why should they bother?

What about when it was 2 -1 and they were desperately holding on? Were they in control then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ham said:

What about when it was 2 -1 and they were desperately holding on? Were they in control then?

Didn't look desperate to me.  Looked pretty comfortable.  Even with ridiculously high line.  We had 2 shots on target.
Plus of course Kepa made his first decent save of the season (unless you count the one that Tammy tapped back in last week).

Of course we might have done better had Bats not come on for Tammy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say that they were hanging on at the end. 

Although their front 3 looked more dangerous - generally.

On the press side of things, We’re being reported as being the PL club that has suffered most from VAR decisions thus far - Quelle surprise!!

Edited by East Lower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

We did.  Decent performance by us against the CL champions who got 90 odd points last year, but they were always in control.

No sorry they were not and certainly not in the second half - I would have agreed with you in the first half and I commented as much in live play,second half we bossed them and were unlucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, East Lower said:

Got to say that they were hanging on at the end. 

Although their front 3 looked more dangerous - generally.

On the press side of things, We’re being reported as being the PL club that has suffered most from VAR decisions thus far - Quelle surprise!!

I read this piece, but it is a it half hearted in terms of detail. It was based around decisions being overturned, where we have had 2 so far.

It didn't really go into any detail as I thought it might though. For example, scenarios where VAR was not used such as Azpilicueta penalty at Norwich. I think a few other teams have been on the rough end too in fairness. Villa spring to mind with last minute equaliser at Palace that VAR didn't look at and handball against Arsenal on Sunday that again I don't think VAR even reviewed.

Bournemouth another team who have been on the wrong end of things so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
12 hours ago, East Lower said:

Got to say that they were hanging on at the end. 

 

Were they? Don't recall their GK making a save in the 2nd half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

For example, scenarios where VAR was not used such as Azpilicueta penalty at Norwich. I think a few other teams have been on the rough end too in fairness. Villa spring to mind with last minute equaliser at Palace that VAR didn't look at and handball against Arsenal on Sunday that again I don't think VAR even reviewed.

It is the modern equivalent of the ref turning a blind eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Were they? Don't recall their GK making a save in the 2nd half. 

Is that the measure of whether a team was under pressure and being dominated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now