• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We did.  Decent performance by us against the CL champions who got 90 odd points last year, but they were always in control.

No way.  Watch the game again Droy and study the stats.  

Other than the set pieces, they barely bothered us.  A 2 minute spell after half time maybe.

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

No way.  Watch the game again Droy and study the stats.  

Other than the set pieces, they barely bothered us.  A 2 minute spell after half time maybe.

2-0 up why should they bother?

Ham   
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

2-0 up why should they bother?

What about when it was 2 -1 and they were desperately holding on? Were they in control then?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

What about when it was 2 -1 and they were desperately holding on? Were they in control then?

Didn't look desperate to me.  Looked pretty comfortable.  Even with ridiculously high line.  We had 2 shots on target.
Plus of course Kepa made his first decent save of the season (unless you count the one that Tammy tapped back in last week).

Of course we might have done better had Bats not come on for Tammy.

Got to say that they were hanging on at the end. 

Although their front 3 looked more dangerous - generally.

On the press side of things, We’re being reported as being the PL club that has suffered most from VAR decisions thus far - Quelle surprise!!

Edited by East Lower

kev61   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

We did.  Decent performance by us against the CL champions who got 90 odd points last year, but they were always in control.

No sorry they were not and certainly not in the second half - I would have agreed with you in the first half and I commented as much in live play,second half we bossed them and were unlucky.

11 hours ago, East Lower said:

Although their front 3 looked more dangerous - generally.

On the press side of things, We’re being reported as being the PL club that has suffered most from VAR decisions thus far - Quelle surprise!!

I read this piece, but it is a it half hearted in terms of detail. It was based around decisions being overturned, where we have had 2 so far.

It didn't really go into any detail as I thought it might though. For example, scenarios where VAR was not used such as Azpilicueta penalty at Norwich. I think a few other teams have been on the rough end too in fairness. Villa spring to mind with last minute equaliser at Palace that VAR didn't look at and handball against Arsenal on Sunday that again I don't think VAR even reviewed.

Bournemouth another team who have been on the wrong end of things so far.

paulw66   
12 hours ago, East Lower said:

Were they? Don't recall their GK making a save in the 2nd half. 

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

For example, scenarios where VAR was not used such as Azpilicueta penalty at Norwich. I think a few other teams have been on the rough end too in fairness. Villa spring to mind with last minute equaliser at Palace that VAR didn't look at and handball against Arsenal on Sunday that again I don't think VAR even reviewed.

It is the modern equivalent of the ref turning a blind eye.

Ham   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Were they? Don't recall their GK making a save in the 2nd half. 

Is that the measure of whether a team was under pressure and being dominated?