• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Is that the measure of whether a team was under pressure and being dominated?

It is when they are a goal up, and sitting, and have amazing counter-attacking players.

Sorry to bring him up but after the Man U game a certain person said that if you dominate you have to score, otherwise you have not done well.
I guess we dominated Liverpool like we dominated Man U.  Only we had some decent chances against Man U and I wouldn't call either domination.

(It was fake domination and the safe word wasn't Red or Salah but Set Piece).

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Is that the measure of whether a team was under pressure and being dominated?

The term used was "hanging on".

I don't see how a team can be hanging on if their opponents can barely muster a shot on target. We needed to score twice in the second half and Adrian didn't make a save. We had the goal out of nothing, down to the individual brilliance of Kante, then a couple of half chances for Batshuyai and Mount. If that is "hanging on" then perhaps our views on what that means are different. When I hear that term, I think of last ditch tackles, goalie making saves, post being rattled, barrage of corners......any of that stuff. 

2-0 up away from home, for the most part, and even at 2-1, getting men behind the ball is a common sense thing to do. Allow the oopposition to "dominate" possession by all means, see what they do with it. This is exactly what we used to do to Arsenal under Wenger, and we would laugh at him when after the game he would go on about their domination of the ball, and how Drogba did nothing apart from score twice......... 

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is when they are a goal up, and sitting, and have amazing counter-attacking players.

Sorry to bring him up but after the Man U game a certain person said that if you dominate you have to score, otherwise you have not done well.
I guess we dominated Liverpool like we dominated Man U.  Only we had some decent chances against Man U and I wouldn't call either domination.

(It was fake domination and the safe word wasn't Red or Salah but Set Piece).

Quite. We had far more chances at OT than we did on Sunday though, as you allude to. Post and bar being hit, and 7 shots on target to the 2 we had on Sunday. 

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Were they? Don't recall their GK making a save in the 2nd half. 

Yes, in my opinion they were. Gone was the fast collective press. On came Milner and Gomez to protect both full-backs, in particular their right-back.

22 hours ago, East Lower said:

Got to say that they were hanging on at the end. 

Although their front 3 looked more dangerous - generally.

On the press side of things, We’re being reported as being the PL club that has suffered most from VAR decisions thus far - Quelle surprise!!

Quelle surprise that we've suffered the most or quelle surprise that it's been reported?

On 25 September 2019 at 7:05 PM, PeteRobbo said:

Quelle surprise that we've suffered the most or quelle surprise that it's been reported?

Mostly no surprise that we're worst off and no real surprise that the Mail are reporting it, probably delighting in it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, East Lower said:

Mostly no surprise that we're worst off and no real surprise that the Mail are reporting it, probably delighting in it.

Yes, expect nothing to be changed unless something goes against the red teams that costs them points/a place in a final.

Idly listening to Soccer Saturday on Sky (while trying to record Clint Eastwood cowboy films for later in the week).

Merse and co are totally laying into VAR and especially the VAR reffing and pointing the finger at Mike Reilly.

What is going on?  Are they going to impeach them or something.  Total revolution.

Ham   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Idly listening to Soccer Saturday on Sky (while trying to record Clint Eastwood cowboy films for later in the week).

Merse and co are totally laying into VAR and especially the VAR reffing and pointing the finger at Mike Reilly.

What is going on?  Are they going to impeach them or something.  Total revolution.

If they did that would make my day.  

Anything Riley touches goes wrong he's like King Midas in reverse. 

He was the worst ever referee, cowardly and officious it'd be a great day if they terminated his employment. 

I'm sure Petr Cech  would chuckle and adjust his headgear.