• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

If referring to Bayern, surely too much of a political club for him to go to. He has fired many barbs in their direction, including some personal comments about the senior management that run the club.

I would be surprised if they took him on to be honest.

Nowhere to go then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nowhere to go then.

Well, this is the problem he has created himself really. You go around creating such a circus, that as soon as the results dry up a little and you lose that edge of infallibility that surrounds you, then you find yourself in a difficult position.

For the standing of club he will feel he deserves, you are relying on things being in a dire state for them to offer him the role at present. None of these clubs are really, he best option at that level would still be Madrid for me. If you believe what you read, some influential senior players don’t want him back.

I think he has to drop Grade 2 European club such as Arsenal, Spurs, Athletico, Dortmund type club to rebuild his reputation a little. That will mean a tougher challenge for him, but I hope he is prepared to come down to that level and take on those challenges.

He’s out of work and Kovac went 10 days ago, I think if Bayern really wanted him then he would be in the job by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Well, this is the problem he has created himself really. You go around creating such a circus, that as soon as the results dry up a little and you lose that edge of infallibility that surrounds you, then you find yourself in a difficult position.

Perhaps, but I think just being a top manager for many years creates issues that can't be avoided.  SAF offended many people, but got the media on his side so no one talked about that.  In the brief period Benitez was a top manager (liverpool) he upset quite a few.  Wenger's comments on JM were at least as insulting as JM's telescope comments on Wenger.
Klopp seems to avoid upsetting anyone, but then he is only on his 2nd really good season in UK and you have to go back to 2013 before you find a good season for him at Dortmund.

Football is a circus, and the media write the reviews.  I don't think it is right to blame individual managers for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps, but I think just being a top manager for many years creates issues that can't be avoided.  SAF offended many people, but got the media on his side so no one talked about that.  In the brief period Benitez was a top manager (liverpool) he upset quite a few.  Wenger's comments on JM were at least as insulting as JM's telescope comments on Wenger.
Klopp seems to avoid upsetting anyone, but then he is only on his 2nd really good season in UK and you have to go back to 2013 before you find a good season for him at Dortmund.

Football is a circus, and the media write the reviews.  I don't think it is right to blame individual managers for that.

Yeah fair points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

A win/win for Sterling then.

Certainly a challenge.
Personally I think we are all going to be amazed very soon that he suddenly speaks perfect German.

I'd like to see him get to grips with German grammar in a few months...pig of a language but then he's a smart cookie. 

there's something about Arsenal that makes me ponder it for him. He clearly doesn't want to leave London while his kids are settled, he clearly would like to get one up on Wenger by sleeping in his old bed with his old mistress, and the club must surely must have a stack of money hidden under the mattress. .Plus all my Arsenal mates hate him with a passion and venom ( he likes a challenge does Jose). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stim   
18 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Personally I think we are all going to be amazed very soon that he suddenly speaks perfect German.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/04/bastian-schweinsteiger-backs-jose-Mourinho-bayern-munich-job-amid-arsenal-interest-11038212/

Not everyone is going to be surprised.

I'm surprised Wenger is still not in a job. Surely Bayern should be considering him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stim said:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/04/bastian-schweinsteiger-backs-jose-Mourinho-bayern-munich-job-amid-arsenal-interest-11038212/

Not everyone is going to be surprised.

I'm surprised Wenger is still not in a job. Surely Bayern should be considering him

Makes a change though.  I spent most of the last 10 years surprised Wenger was still in a job.  70 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stim said:

I'm surprised Wenger is still not in a job. 

He is now. It's called FIFA........:)

Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is returning to football after he agreed to become Fifa's new chief of global football development.

The move ends speculation linking the Frenchman, 70, with a return to management as Bayern Munich boss.

Wenger left the Gunners in May 2018, after 22 years in charge, three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups. 

"I very much look forward to taking on this extremely important challenge," he said.

Wenger's new role at the world governing body will help to develop men's and women's football, as well as technical aspects of the sport. 

He will now be a member of the technical panel of the International Football Association Board, and chairman of Fifa's technical study group.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This story popped up on my phone and made me chuckle...needless to say the source and truthfulness could be slightly suspect.

Apparently Italian media tycoon and politician Silvio Berlusconi was once considering hiring Sarri as coach when he was President of Inter M.  Apparently it all went a bit tits up because not only could he not stand the Sarri chain smoking thing but he also realised that Sarri was a communist!!  Odd reason but there you go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

This story popped up on my phone and made me chuckle...needless to say the source and truthfulness could be slightly suspect.

Apparently Italian media tycoon and politician Silvio Berlusconi was once considering hiring Sarri as coach when he was President of Inter M.  Apparently it all went a bit tits up because not only could he not stand the Sarri chain smoking thing but he also realised that Sarri was a communist!!  Odd reason but there you go!

Interesting choice of job if he really is a communist..... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now