• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

JaneB   
On 14/11/2019 at 1:05 AM, NoblyBobly said:

This story popped up on my phone and made me chuckle...needless to say the source and truthfulness could be slightly suspect.

Apparently Italian media tycoon and politician Silvio Berlusconi was once considering hiring Sarri as coach when he was President of Inter M.  Apparently it all went a bit tits up because not only could he not stand the Sarri chain smoking thing but he also realised that Sarri was a communist!!  Odd reason but there you go!

Crikey, that was never mentioned when he was with us 😳

Changing the subject completely, I see Ruben Loftus-Cheek has been doing some modelling whilst out injured. I'm probably overreacting but I hope he doesn't get his head turned by this sort of thing. He needs to concentrate on getting fit and fulfilling his undoubted potential as a footballer. 

25 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Changing the subject completely, I see Ruben Loftus-Cheek has been doing some modelling whilst out injured. I'm probably overreacting but I hope he doesn't get his head turned by this sort of thing. He needs to concentrate on getting fit and fulfilling his undoubted potential as a footballer. 

Sarri - all I can find is that he came from a strongly communist area (Tuscany) and identifies with the community.  Besides in Italian politics what former Prime minister and Billionaire Berlusconi would call "Communist" is not what you or I would call communist.

On RLC - good to see him out and about to be honest - it is not as though footballers not currently with the England squad are short on time.  Just so long as he isn't moaning in public about his injuries.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JaneB said:

Lets hope so because I think the next 6-12 months are going to be make or break for him here as he is nearly 24 and he cannot keep playing the potential card. Do not great me wrong on the ball he is very good but his off the ball work is poor and he is always injured. At this moment in time I have Mount and Kova ahead of him so he has a task just to get back into the first XI. 

8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

....... he cannot keep playing the potential card ........  he is always injured

Perhaps not 'always' but often enough to be a worry. He's been with us since he was 8, and his 'potential' is surely wearing a bit thin by now? Hopefully he'll get himself fit and back to his best form in the not-too-distant future.  

On 13/11/2019 at 8:39 AM, Droy was my hero said:

Makes a change though.  I spent most of the last 10 years surprised Wenger was still in a job.  70 now.

And not showing any signs of slowing down.

Bit odd indeed that he isn't in a manager's role. Seems generally sharper than most of the guys out there managing at the moment.

paulw66   
11 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Jose to Spurs looking very likely...

Well and truly kissed goodbye to any goodwill from Chelsea fans. 

Back in 2015 he stated he would never manage Spurs as it would upset Chelsea fans, and he turned them down in 2007 as a result. 

Hope he takes them spiralling downwards. The war chest he normally calls upon will be tightly tucked under Levy's arm. 

Jasonb   

I realised Spurs had lost their mojo recently yet that is ether a bold or desperate move, not sure yet.

Jose will enjoy managing closer to his family yet might not win over their fans, still beating Arsenal might help.

I wish we'd played Spurs before they sacked Poch during their bad run. We play them in Dec and they'll probably have a new manager upturn in form. Should be interesting. Spurs play Man Utd in Dec too. Surprised Levy went for Jose. Its undoing the 5 years work that Poch has done there.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well and truly kissed goodbye to any goodwill from Chelsea fans. 

Back in 2015 he stated he would never manage Spurs as it would upset Chelsea fans, and he turned them down in 2007 as a result. 

Hope he takes them spiralling downwards. The war chest he normally calls upon will be tightly tucked under Levy's arm. 

Back in 2015 a lot of Chelsea fans still loved him.  In 2007 we all did.  Not so many of us left now.  The media does its job.