• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well and truly kissed goodbye to any goodwill from Chelsea fans.

I don't know. He did a job for us at Manure, a hole out of which they are yet to reappear from, now hopefully he will oversee the death and relegation of Spuds. The best stadium in the Championship?

EDIT

If he follows that up with a visit to the Scum when Jurgen decides to leave he will achieve imortality at SB.

Edited by Holymoly

Slightly worried about Jose to Spuds. I have said it all season that they're playing well below their level and they are also have a squad that is kind of prefect for him I.e. big and athletic. I would not be surprised if he turns it around for them as the situation they're in is kind of prefect for him as any trophy win will make him great. 

As for Jose hinself, I have always been a big supporter but going to Spuds is a bit of a kick to the balls. Utd I could handle as take away their keyboard warrior and London fans (who do not actually go to games) and they are alright. Spuds fans are up their with Liverpool in being the most idiotic. 

Edited by King Kante

3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I don't know. He did a job for us at Manure, a hole out of which they are yet to reappear from,

2nd in the PL, Europa winners.  He actually did pretty well there for 2 years - certainly for much longer than anyone else is likely to do well post SAF.  His record at Chelsea, Man U post SAF, RM is actually not only successful but as a very long term manager relative to peers.  You don't have to like him, but you do have to admit that 2 and a half years at Chelsea or Man U now, is actually long term.

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Slightly worried about Jose to Spuds. I have said it all season that they're playing well below their level and they are also have a squad that is kind of prefect for him I.e. big and athletic. I would not be surprised if he turns it around for them as the situation they're in is kind of prefect for him as any trophy win will make him great. 

As for Jose hinself, I have always been a big supporter but going to Spuds is a bit of a kick to the balls. Utd I could handle as take away their keyboard warrior and London fans (who do not actually go to games) and they are alright. Spuds fans are up their with Liverpool in being the most idiotic. 

That squad is about to lose Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Eriksen, for the grand total of zero income. 

They will need to spend £100m+ just to stand still. It's a very difficult job.

The problems have all stemmed from Levy penny pinching on contracts, and leaving Poch with a squad that half of them want out. 

jangz   
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Back in 2015 a lot of Chelsea fans still loved him.  In 2007 we all did.  Not so many of us left now.  The media does its job.

true that.. doesnt affect me... I really respect his work at chelsea and understand from his perspective.. Non event apart from a rival singing a new coach mid-season which always a good sign in my opinion..

Sciatika   

No doubt JM will get them performing better. The arguments will start after the first transfer window. Some of those players, like Erikson, will go anyway. Levy will find out how much JM wants to spend and will only have a fraction of the amount available. JM does not respond well to that.

3 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

No doubt JM will get them performing better. The arguments will start after the first transfer window. Some of those players, like Erikson, will go anyway. Levy will find out how much JM wants to spend and will only have a fraction of the amount available. JM does not respond well to that.

Yes.  JM used to arrive at clubs where the spending was done or about to be completed and almost ready teams are there to be pushed hard for titles.  Like the kind of horses that would be ready for Lester Piggott to ride.  Spurs are at the end of that cycle - the kind of horse that would have won stuff if only the owner had hired Lester Piggott when the horse was younger.

It is an old squad.  36 starts so far by players 25 or younger  (88 out of 132 for us).  Of those Eric Dier (25) seems to be past it or lost it (I genuinely double checked to make sure he wasn't 35).  Winks (23) is not quite there (RLC style).  Dele Alli has disappeared this season.  Ndombele and Lo Celso may be OK, but they don't appear to be superstars.  Only Sessegnon counts as a possibility IMO and he has been injured and started just once.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

That squad is about to lose Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Eriksen, for the grand total of zero income. 

They will need to spend £100m+ just to stand still. It's a very difficult job.

The problems have all stemmed from Levy penny pinching on contracts, and leaving Poch with a squad that half of them want out. 

Absolutely 

I am more concerned where poch turns up, If he decides to stay in England, I suspect Olle might get a fast track exit. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  JM used to arrive at clubs where the spending was done or about to be completed and almost ready teams are there to be pushed hard for titles.  Like the kind of horses that would be ready for Lester Piggott to ride. 

Jose and William reunion anyone?

Jasonb   
29 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Jose and William reunion anyone?

Not this season while Willian is first choice.