• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

Sciatika   
33 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Jose and William reunion anyone?

More likely Matic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Absolutely 

I am more concerned where poch turns up, If he decides to stay in England, I suspect Olle might get a fast track exit. 

Well he had more Manager of the month awards than JM, so he must be good.  Spurs did put a really good set of players together under a moderate budget over 2012-17.
But in that time there has been one very good PL season (86 points) and one very good CL season (finalist).  And there were a top 6 team in each of the 5 pre-Poch seasons.

I do wonder how much of the success had been down to Poch, how much to the player purchases managed by Levy and how much is plain hype.

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

More likely Matic.

I think even Jose preferred McTominay by the time he left.  Actually the one thing Jose has consistently done well at Chelsea twice has been to get rid of any aging marginal players and bring in ones in their prime.  Cech, Desailly, Lampard, and dozens of lesser names all got moved on when JM arrived.  Aging players - I can think of only Drogba mk2, Hilario and Ibrahimovic, and all had very specific roles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

Can almost predict how this one will turn out. Short term glory with Jose winning a cup then saying he did better than the previous manager then end up being sacked with the next manager having to clear the mess. Style of football becoming boring and fall outs with some players most likely younger players. Some dodgy recruitments along the way too. Whatever happens Poch will leave Spurs in a better condition than Jose will so I am all for this appointment. Can’t believe how short sighted they can be. 

Still amazed that in 2019 people still believe Jose can create and sustain a long term project. Incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Can almost predict how this one will turn out. Short term glory with Jose winning a cup then saying he did better than the previous manager then end up being sacked with the next manager having to clear the mess. Style of football becoming boring and fall outs with some players most likely younger players. Some dodgy recruitments along the way too. Whatever happens Poch will leave Spurs in a better condition than Jose will so I am all for this appointment. Can’t believe how short sighted they can be. 

Still amazed that in 2019 people still believe Jose can create and sustain a long term project. Incredible. 

Generally speaking I agree with you and I said the same when he went to Utd. I just think he has to do something different this time. I’m sure spurs will know his history in this respect, so I don’t think they would offer it him unless something had changed regarding his vision.

I just can’t see him doing the same again. Something has to be different, other wise he is pretty much finished at top level club football and will be off to become Portugal manager if everything pans out the same. He must surely realise this too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

Really didn't think this would happen.."funny old game"..... as someone once said...... be interesting to see how this works out. My main groan is the Media circus for the next few weeks and how they spin the affair..and a manufactured v Klopp dialogue..

Jose was good for us when he was good ..and bad when he was bad but I wish him luck and he is now..as at Manure..just another rival coach..and remember the last ex .Chelsea coach at Spurs.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Still amazed that in 2019 people still believe Jose can create and sustain a long term project. Incredible. 

Perhaps you ought to look at Porto 2004+.  Or Chelsea 2008+.  The RM team  he left won 4 of the next 5 CLs.   And indeed what happened at Chelsea the season after he left?

And yet there are people around who believe JM has never left the basis for a long term successful team.  
 

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Jose was good for us when he was good ..and bad when he was bad 

It's the Leicester Piggott thing again.  JM pushes teams to extremes and if that is not getting the results he pushes them further.  They win or crash.  And that is why clubs hire him.  The only exception I can recall was 13/14 with us, when the team was being prepared for 14/15.  And 15/16 at Man U when he won a couple of minor titles and prepared the team for a good PL run the next year.
But even when they crash he usually leaves a tight squad together with little dead wood and a strong core that lasts for the next few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
3 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Generally speaking I agree with you and I said the same when he went to Utd. I just think he has to do something different this time. I’m sure spurs will know his history in this respect, so I don’t think they would offer it him unless something had changed regarding his vision.

I just can’t see him doing the same again. Something has to be different, other wise he is pretty much finished at top level club football and will be off to become Portugal manager if everything pans out the same. He must surely realise this too. 

What can he do differently? He has only been out of the game for a year. Can’t see him changing in the long term. He will always be the same and get quick improvements then suddenly sink and crash. I will bet on him to win a trophy or two but I will double bet on him leaving Spurs in awful situation and much worse than Poch left them in. 

Thats what makes coaches like Pep, Klopp and  Poch good project managers. When they leave there is still something there to be worked with. The team has an identity and players of good age who can carry on for a while. 

Look how Jose left us in 2015. That became a mess  especially with the players he let go and we had no identity in our style of play either. We also had some older players who probably needed replacing . 

The way he left Inter an ageing team without many players that could play for the next 3-5 years. Left Man U with bad recruitment and over paid players with no identity in style of play. I couldn’t think of a worse manager to appoint in hope of creating a long term project.  

Is it really worth winning a trophy then creating a mess for the next 3-4 years that you have to recover from?  Jose can be the person to win them a trophy but he can also be the person that takes them back to where they came from and being a 6-8th position team who gets spanked by the big boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He will always be the same and get quick improvements then suddenly sink and crash. I will bet on him to win a trophy or two but I will double bet on him leaving Spurs in awful situation and much worse than Poch left them in. 

You ducked this point and then repeated it.
Name the all those times where JM left a club with a poor squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps you ought to look at Porto 2004+.  Or Chelsea 2008+.  The RM team  he left won 4 of the next 5 CLs.   And indeed what happened at Chelsea the season after he left?

And yet there are people around who believe JM has never left the basis for a long term successful team.  
 

 

Modric and Varane are the only players he bought at RM who played a big part in the future of RM. 

Back in 2004 I think Jose was one of the best simply because of where football was at in its current time. 2019 and there are better managers than him and managers who can develop and sustain projects. People are not thinking short term anymore especially with how expensive the transfer market has become. Team know they can’t run on short term gains anymore which is making Jose either adapt to long term sustainability or sink. Lets see how he does with this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You ducked this point and then repeated it.
Name the all those times where JM left a club with a poor squad.

Did I not just say Inter and Man u? Left them with nothing good to be worked with for the next manager in the longer term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now