• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

12 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Its not me saying JM is on a declining path,

It really is just you.  And then you say that he didn't step massively up from Chelsea and Man U to BM is somehow proof.  You are just ranting along trying to create a fake story about some great decline in a continually successful manager.

13 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I never said managers have a transfer style either. I said managerial style.....again you have gone down your own road to just defend Mourinho.

No you didn't - but then you defined his managerial style as the transfer style of the clubs that hired him.  It is this basic lack of logic that I object to.  have a go at JM by al means, but why the need to alter reality first?

15 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

As for your final point, I am not aware Man Utd offered him the job in 2013. He don't really have a decision to make if he not offered it, plus their was obviously an emotional attraction to Chelsea in 2013.

So do you think Man U chose Moyes over JM.  One of you is crazy.

17 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

You are letting your default position of stoic defender of Mourinho cloud what I am actually saying.

I think you need to reconsider exactly what you have been saying.  Ask yourself why you need to write him off, and ask yourself what a top manager looks like.

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It really is just you.  And then you say that he didn't step massively up from Chelsea and Man U to BM is somehow proof.  You are just ranting along trying to create a fake story about some great decline in a continually successful manager.

No you didn't - but then you defined his managerial style as the transfer style of the clubs that hired him.  It is this basic lack of logic that I object to.  have a go at JM by al means, but why the need to alter reality first?

So do you think Man U chose Moyes over JM.  One of you is crazy.

I think you need to reconsider exactly what you have been saying.  Ask yourself why you need to write him off, and ask yourself what a top manager looks like.

My word......I give up on this subject.

My very first post on JM getting the job was massive respect to him for taking it. I didn’t think he had the heart for this type of challenge.

I have also been positive about how I believe he will change because he has to this time.

Having this debate with you is one that I would expect with a 13 year year old defending One Direction’s Greatest Hits album. It’s all rather cringe!

chara   

Trying to stay level headed about this debate....I am sure someone here can list Spurs managers/coach for say last 15 years or so......how many can be compared to Jose in his prime?

Jose looks healthier but so did DD when he returned to SB for an unlikely swansong...great contribution from DD but non of us fooled ourselves that it was DD in his pomp and I say this with the greatest respect I don't think we expected such a telling contribution from the great man.

A parallel for Jose? I don't think so..DD played to his strengths and did not try to rekindled his glory days but contributed to the team..even more credit to him. Jose's ego is part of his strength but also his Achilles heel....I do not think he can throttle back on his ego and redevelop a top club..stop the silly partisan stuff about Spurs not being a top club save that for match day taunting not the real world........ without massive financial resources.

It does seem a strange choice for Spurs and at this stage somehow not the right man for the job..not Jose is the wrong man  but the wrong manager style for the job.

To repeat...new owners somewhere in the woodwork?

So..last throw of the dice for Jose?......Not many sequels match the original releases....Magnificent Seven.(Joses serial winning period across Europe)..The Return of The Seven a so so sequel mostly sentimental return (Man Utd)..and downward from there....

I wish Jose well as he was ours for a great period in our history but like all lost loves he is now just a bitter sweet memory.

I get all the points that people are making here and that Mourinho was and is divisive opinion wise. But am I alone here in being not that phased that he has gone there? I think perhaps because we have such an exciting thing going on at the Bridge I am not thinking about the neighbours comings and goings. He didn't do badly at United in my opinion and was eventually let down by players who will let everyone down, we had the same here with the same players who let him down letting Conte down. He will probably do quite well at Tottenham at least initially but much as I despise that lot I am far more interested in what Chelsea are doing. What we are doing will take time and we may have to endure some clubs (and fanbases) we dont like winning things before we do...but we have a squad and a manager who have our clubs best interests at heart...let the neighbours ponce about with their new sportcars...we are saving up for a ferrari

• Like 4

chara   

Hmm..not phased that he has gone there....thinking about it nor am I as it stands. To Manure felt an insult and a worry in the overall effect on the league....but this?

Tried to watch Sky News here but switched off after Jose started his "Aw shucks" presser...humble doesn't suit Jose and felt somewhat embarrassing ....rather like Chopper apologising for frightening the life out of a star player.

Love him or hate him he is not and cannot be just another manager on the treadmill of club management..Big Sam etc. he is not neither is he a Brendan...knuckling down to hard work to raise a rather unfashionable..although respected ... non big city club to better days.

Spurs are offering him what?...new stadium?...not enough without top talent. Good squad?...all Prem players are good..opinions may vary as to how good or effective but top pros.....curates egg..some better than others but for the moment not a great squad to inherit and even with a kitty to spend..doubtful..who is out there to improve the squad or willing to move there?

How long before the media turn on him yet again?...serves headlines at the minute but once the game starts in earnest how will they treat him?

Jose is SW6 not N1.....and I don't mean Chelsea not Spurs....Uptown upbeat Down town etc

3 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

we had the same here with the same players who let him down letting Conte down.

I think we had the same ridiculous number of games being played by the same handful of players.  Push players too hard and it either works or blows up in your face.  It is wrong to say that the players deliberately let the manager down.  There were squad selection issues both seasons, but nobody tried to play badly.

4 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Having this debate with you is one that I would expect with a 13 year year old defending One Direction’s Greatest Hits album. It’s all rather cringe!

This. Beautifully put.......:).

chara   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we had the same ridiculous number of games being played by the same handful of players.  Push players too hard and it either works or blows up in your face.  It is wrong to say that the players deliberately let the manager down.  There were squad selection issues both seasons, but nobody tried to play badly.

Agree pretty much but although again I agree nobody tried to play badly but over the years Torres Morata and Courtois certainly gave us cause for pause with their efforts.

A rigid game plan and too many games must suck some of the oxygen from players and we forget it is a job for them unlike weekend warriors taking a break from their jobs on a soccer pitch..work place stress is as apparent in soccer as any other job.

5 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I didn’t think he had the heart for this type of challenge.

Perhaps nobody else came knocking (unfortunately Droy can't employ him) at the level he believes he should have so it was a case of swallowing his words again and going for it

“Mourinho described himself as humble in his first news conference as Spurs boss, saying he spent his time away from football analysing his career.

"I realised I made mistakes," he said. “I'm not going to make the same mistakes. I'll make new mistakes - but not the same."”

well, if so we are about to see a new side of Mou: humble is not something I’d have thought defined him, but fairs fair, let’s see - the proof of the pudding etc.

As for the rest of his statement, why do I keep think of Eric Morecambe and Andre Preview?