• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

JaneB   
10 minutes ago, blue moon said:

“Mourinho described himself as humble in his first news conference as Spurs boss, saying he spent his time away from football analysing his career.

"I realised I made mistakes," he said. “I'm not going to make the same mistakes. I'll make new mistakes - but not the same."”

well, if so we are about to see a new side of Mou: humble is not something I’d have thought defined him, but fairs fair, let’s see - the proof of the pudding etc.

As for the rest of his statement, why do I keep think of Eric Morecambe and Andre Preview?

Mourinho humble????? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.  In his head everything is about Jose and always will be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

“Mourinho described himself as humble in his first news conference as Spurs boss, saying he spent his time away from football analysing his career.

"I realised I made mistakes," he said. “I'm not going to make the same mistakes. I'll make new mistakes - but not the same."”

well, if so we are about to see a new side of Mou: humble is not something I’d have thought defined him, but fairs fair, let’s see - the proof of the pudding etc.

As for the rest of his statement, why do I keep think of Eric Morecambe and Andre Preview?

Yeah, he pulled this one when he returned here. Remember the "Happy One" comment? For me, Jose will follow his usual three year plan (maybe three and a half years as he has come in midseason this time.) This season, I fully expect him to get Spuds up and running again (possibly a cup), next season he will get them in the top 4 challenging and probably win a cup, the season after he will probably improve a little more but you see strife start to happen midway through the season, season after it will blow up as he will have exhausted everyone including himself. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

but you see strife start to happen midway through the season, season after it will blow up as he will have exhausted everyone including himself. 

Just the sign of the driving upping the revs to the level needed to win stuff.  Not everyone wins stuff, indeed not many.  But those that never put the needle on the red are not even trying.
I don't see why people don't get this.  It is easy to play at 90% and nothing much goes spectacularly wrong.  Pretty much all sports are like that.

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just the sign of the driving upping the revs to the level needed to win stuff.  Not everyone wins stuff, indeed not many.  But those that never put the needle on the red are not even trying.
I don't see why people don't get this.  It is easy to play at 90% and nothing much goes spectacularly wrong.  Pretty much all sports are like that.

Do not necessarily disagree but if you stay on red for too long then you're going to blow the engine. 

10 hours ago, King Kante said:

Do not necessarily disagree but if you stay on red for too long then you're going to blow the engine. 

Well quite.  Some managers will never do that, others will never win trophies.  Spectacular failures come with spectacular wins.
My serious sport used to be rowing.  Like most sports it is a huge advantage to get into the lead early - not least because if you are behind you can't see the oppo and rely on the cox who may be lying.  It really does become sh1t or bust to get back on level terms, the rating goes up from high to too high and that "control" that you trained for all winter disappears.  Mostly you just fall further behind, but you have to try it.  Otherwise you might as well give up half way and treat the event as training for the next competition in a months time.

Edited by Droy was my hero

20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we had the same ridiculous number of games being played by the same handful of players.  Push players too hard and it either works or blows up in your face.  It is wrong to say that the players deliberately let the manager down.  There were squad selection issues both seasons, but nobody tried to play badly.

I think there were certain squad members who could have done more for Conte, I dont buy into the downing of tools but there were a few who didn't knock themselves out that second season

bert19   
15 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

I think there were certain squad members who could have done more for Conte, I dont buy into the downing of tools but there were a few who didn't knock themselves out that second season

There were probably a few that were surprised by how Conte treated certain individuals and didn't like it.  And by how unpleasant the relationship between Conte and the club got. 

I've heard stories from good sources about how he treated certain players when they were going through difficult personal issues and it really didn't sit well with the individuals involved or their teammates.  

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

There were probably a few that were surprised by how Conte treated certain individuals and didn't like it.  And by how unpleasant the relationship between Conte and the club got. 

I've heard stories from good sources about how he treated certain players when they were going through difficult personal issues and it really didn't sit well with the individuals involved or their teammates.  

Yes there is often more to it than meets the eye. But they also play for the fans or should do

On 22/11/2019 at 9:51 AM, JaneB said:

Mourinho humble????? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.  In his head everything is about Jose and always will be.

Absolutely spot on. There are comments he’s made over the years that even droy couldn’t mitigate,so stay tuned for more.

Ham   
14 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

Absolutely spot on. There are comments he’s made over the years that even droy couldn’t mitigate,so stay tuned for more.

He'll bloody well try although after a 72 hour shift, even he needs a nap. 

• Haha 1