• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Not sure what you mean by the building being relevant.

He deserves to be given a chance to defend himself as he says he didn't do anything racist and I guess it could be mistaken though it does look suspect to say the least.

Hope they get the City fans throwing projectiles too.

can you point out where it looks suspect?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10507647/man-city-fan-racist-monkey-gestures-arrested-man-utd-fred/

chara   
20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've just been watching "Aren't Liverpool great , they're miles ahead of City" on SKY when all of a sudden a football match broke out , imagine my surprise when I realised that was not by accident but they'd actually planned to show the match inbetween banging the drum for the people's champions.

I bloody hope Leicester pip them to it and would happily miss out on the Champions league by three points if those points were the points that won the league for Leicester .

Anything else and it'll have to be a month of total media blackouts chez Kelly .

Expresses my feeling too Mark....since when have THEY been any People's Champions?......the fan following World Wide is basically tribal regarding loyalty even the reasonable ones resent any side that wins other than their own..and long may that continue!!!

hadn't considered Leicester actually  winning the league* but yes, that would be divine 

*can't see it happening tbh

Ham   
3 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Not sure what you mean by the building being relevant.

Meaning that the act happened in a football stadium. If he'd done it outside Wetherspoons on a Friday it wouldn't be a headline in the local paper, let alone 24/7 national news. 

• Like 1

bert19   
4 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

Did anyone notice Everton are investigating possible homophobic chants during the match..

Yeh "Possible" 

Just like the West Ham ones and the ones Liverpool fans "allegedly" make.... (rolls eyes) 

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Yeh "Possible" 

Just like the West Ham ones and the ones Liverpool fans "allegedly" make.... (rolls eyes) 

I must have missed all the media fanfare when Liverpool sang it? 

bert19   
Just now, paulw66 said:

I must have missed all the media fanfare when Liverpool sang it? 

Every season. Live on Sky Sports. 

I work with (an unbelievably plastic) Liverpool fan who only refers to Chelsea as "The Rent Boys" when he's speaking to a group of people. 

Jasonb   
11 hours ago, Ham said:

Meaning that the act happened in a football stadium. If he'd done it outside Wetherspoons on a Friday it wouldn't be a headline in the local paper, let alone 24/7 national news. 

It might be someone video recorded it remember that young lady on the Tube that got upset about something and ranted racist opinions and ended up on the papers and in court. Never heard if something had provoked her. About 3 years ago.