• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Stim   
11 hours ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Tell me, what obligation does Raheem Sterling have to you? Why is what he does at his own party at his own home a concern of yours? Oi Raheem go easy with the parties, "Stim" from CFCnet forums has his puritan sensibilities offended by your dancing!

I never actually commented my opinion on it so you are just assuming what I think. I very much do not care about footballers personal lives, just wanted to point out that if you are going to call people racist at least be accurate about what they were saying. It is not the fact he was dancing or having a party that people took issue with.

Edited by Stim

18 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well quite - so you simply accepted the general press narrative that he did it.  Outside most (and not all) Chelsea fans, JT is invariably thought of as a racist cuckolder of his team-mate Bridge  (actually ex-girlfriend/mother of child, but never wife).
By pointing out a white guy - Captain of England - as being untouched by fan prejudice when he actually was very touched, kinda defeats your point.  Which as I tried to say is a pity - the culture clash point is a good one.

Note, the word alleged has to be used in combination with affair when discussing that episode in the media...classic case of sew the seed then under report the truth leaving the general public with an opinion...

chara   

Very impressed that all here have tried very hard to address a very difficult subject or rather the taboos surrounding the subject..the knee jerk responses of "racist" etc when anyone tries to talk sensibly about the issues....

Sterling is a young(ish) FOOTBALLER with all the moral guidance of a flea behind him..... blame the system for that.......his colour for most of us in irrelevant..I'm sure most of us have "shudder" moments when we look back at our younger days but of course we didn't have the money and were of no profit for a sensation seeking media.

Sterling is part of the wider tapestry of the game we all follow and in the main we only focus on him as an opponent likely to damage us on the field and to watch in neutral games as a top player..... may it stay that way ...

Ham   

So the Dippers under 23 side is playing Villa.

4-0 down at half time and the narrative on Sky was still about how good the Scouse kids were and in particular the little dipper with the man bun.  

The fact that he was caught on social media calling Kane a mong has already been forgotten. 

The airbrushing of history continues. 

Edited by Ham

40 minutes ago, Ham said:

So the Dippers under 23 side is playing Villa.

4-0 down at half time and the narrative on Sky was still about how good the Scouse kids were and in particular the little dipper with the man bun.  

The fact that he was caught on social media calling Kane a mong has already been forgotten. 

The airbrushing of history continues. 

The little team that tried .

13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The little team that tried .

Yep their media cheerleaders made a 0-5 into a moral victory...no real surprise

Jasonb   

Difficult to not feel for Liverpool on this occasion especially as I'm sure if I remember back we had some fixture issues with this very same competition.

Being Liverpool it will be interesting to see if the powers that be inside football actually look to change something or leave it too plain chance again.

3 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Difficult to not feel for Liverpool on this occasion especially as I'm sure if I remember back we had some fixture issues with this very same competition.

Being Liverpool it will be interesting to see if the powers that be inside football actually look to change something or leave it too plain chance again.

Cheap and blameless way of getting out of the LC.  I should think the club is greatful frankly.  Plenty of better opportunities.

paulw66   
38 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Cheap and blameless way of getting out of the LC.  I should think the club is greatful frankly.  Plenty of better opportunities.

Quite. If they had played that team in a normal LC tie against PL opposition, I expect questions might have been asked.

Make it impossible to play a proper a team in it due to the clash of dates, and everyone (particularly Liverpool) coming out smelling of roses. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

I don't find it difficult at all. 'Feeling' for Liverpool is not something that comes naturally to me 🙄

• Like 1