• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

As I feared the Rudiger claim has returned unsubstantiated while a Chelsea "fan" has now been arrested for racially abusing Son.

Certainly a contrast.  He was shopped by another Chelsea fan.  
Spurs are investigating.
They have less than 24 hours to match the Chelsea response from the City game when they had already suspended 4 fans within 48 hours.

On 23/12/2019 at 11:18 PM, Holymoly said:

As I feared the Rudiger claim has returned unsubstantiated while a Chelsea "fan" has now been arrested for racially abusing Son.

I dont think you can compare it to the Clattenburgh incident as nowdays players are encouraged/obliged to report anything they think ''could'' be racist abuse as mentioned by Azpi post match. Of course it is not beyond opposing fans or the media to snidely suggest Rudi was somehow lieing to gain some kind of advantage on the day.

7 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

. Of course it is not beyond opposing fans or the media to snidely suggest Rudi was somehow lieing to gain some kind of advantage on the day.

And it's certainly not beyond Ian Ladyman in the Daily Mail to prints article where he exonerated Spurs and their horribly racist fans whilst firmly putting the blame on Rudiger for imagining it all and then moderating the replies so all the racist Spurs fans can complain about Rudiger and the Chelsea fans can't get any right of reply .

I see Antonio Conte has won his case against the club for unfair dismissal . 

That's another £85k in his bin .

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I see Antonio Conte has won his case against the club for unfair dismissal . 

That's another £85k in his bin .

I don't think the club cares. 

The way he behaved over his last 12 months was appalling and Roman has never treated a manager that way when fired. That in itself speaks volumes. This was personal and I'm sure Roman will happily pay the fine. 

18 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Found this by chance thought it might interest you given your user name

http://www.westminsterelectrical.com/about-us/

Excellent - the son looks very very like I do - or at least like I did 20 years ago.
If I recall right, the business was set up initially by Mickey's father.  
I think he was always an intelligent guy who was going to be a success in business.

Jasonb   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Excellent - the son looks very very like I do - or at least like I did 20 years ago.
If I recall right, the business was set up initially by Mickey's father.  
I think he was always an intelligent guy who was going to be a success in business.

Yes it looks like he has sold on the family business to his son, he was a bit before my time though many remember him as a top player for us.

45 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Yes it looks like he has sold on the family business to his son, he was a bit before my time though many remember him as a top player for us.

I doubt it.  Not how I recall him - much as I loved him.  Top man true.
Ron Harris seems to have hated him - another good reason to like Droy.
We'd ship a few in and they'd call for Mickey.  We'd get a clean sheet or two and suddenly we needed someone who could play the ball.  Probably one of the dozens of England U21s we used to have in those days on YTS pay.
Our success was his downfall again when the John Neal side got assembled under Bates and those great young players stormed into Div one.

He was a hero of those of us who remember the Div 2 days.  My choice of nick to show that although I had barely been to the club in 10 years I was no JCL - I was there when we were Sh*t.

• Like 1

Peter (Kent) Walton gives the game away again.
image.png.d8cdb20901028cc525d1e0e1922b5fa2.png

A hagiography in the Times about Mike Dean and what a great guy he is.  Final paragraph reads:

My Dad is 82 and spends his time up and down the country supporting Northampton Town, but when he has a free Saturday, Mike offers him tickets for Premier League games.

I wonder where Mike Dean gets those tickets from...........

and why is it a recent ex-ref isn't even aware of the issues in this?