• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

paulw66   
On 21/02/2020 at 7:04 PM, Mark Kelly said:

I've just watched a video on football 365 who now have Football 365 TV .

it features the editor of Football 365 , Sarah Winterburn , a pretend Huddersfield supporter who loves Liverpool .

The premise of the programme was about what a pigs ear Lampard is making of the Chelsea job . No insight , no quarter given because we're playing the youth , nothing but scorn and derision .

no wonder they print letters where were routinely referred to as Chavski , Chelsea , etc.

An absolutely bottom feeding shithole of a site masquerading as a cut above the rest .

Wankers .

I saw that video......it was effing pathetic. 

First, every time the presenter tried to make mitagating circumstances for SLF, he just got cut off. No reference to transfer ban or losing Hazard. 

Then the Spurs' supporting nobhead was calling Chelsea an embarssament to London, and nobody corrected him. Nobody saying, actually pal, they are the highest placed London side (even before Saturday) and are the only London side to win Europe's premier competition. 

I almost threw my laptop out of the window, but then I calmed down.....if you are hated, you are doing something right.

If we finish above Spurs, Arsenal and or Man Utd, they should all be thoroughly embarassed that they couldnt catch a team who lost their best player and couldnt buy anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jasonb   

Ian Ladyman in the Mail running with the,  'now is not the time to sack Lampard yet he needs to improve line'.

A win and a draw in the last two matches following a change in system necessitated by injury to key players, no allowance whatsoever.

Holymoly   

33 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

When Ferdinand met Chelsea

Great topic, should have been great, but Ferdinand is not just a nobhead with an awful voice, he also has no idea how to conduct interviews or plan a show.  Big missed opportunity.  I can't' believe that lasted 25 mins.

The only interesting part in terms of new info, is Cech talking about his role as adviser (about 9 mins in).  Sounds to me like a lot of his job is to keep hold of information should we ever sack the manager (a hugely necessary role).
Cech also made the point that it was the performances of Mount and Tammy and others in the Championship that forced their entry into the first team, not a change of policy at the club or the transfer ban.  Mind, he can say that as often as he likes, the media will continue to say different.

Holymoly   
58 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I can't' believe that lasted 25 mins.

You should see his one on PSG. 50% of it is to do with fashion.

57 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Great topic, should have been great, but Ferdinand is not just a nobhead with an awful voice, he also has no idea how to conduct interviews or plan a show. 

Not allowed to criticise him. He's an ex-widower and now remarried, manfully attempting to integrate his kids into a new relationship. The man's a saint I believe.

Edited by Holymoly

JaneB   
58 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Great topic, should have been great, but Ferdinand is not just a nobhead with an awful voice, he also has no idea how to conduct interviews or plan a show.  Big missed opportunity.  I can't' believe that lasted 25 mins.

The only interesting part in terms of new info, is Cech talking about his role as adviser (about 9 mins in).  Sounds to me like a lot of his job is to keep hold of information should we ever sack the manager (a hugely necessary role).
Cech also made the point that it was the performances of Mount and Tammy and others in the Championship that forced their entry into the first team, not a change of policy at the club or the transfer ban.  Mind, he can say that as often as he likes, the media will continue to say different.

Watched the first few minutes and will watch the rest later.

The media nowadays seem only to want to employ ex participants in any sport, rather than trained sports journalists and interviewers.  This can work great in some cases, but not so well in others as they become more the story than the sport they are watching and also aren't detached enough to offer unbiased opinions.  Classic example, athletics on the BBC has almost become unwatchable for me. 

I'm afraid I just can't warm to Ferdinand and the over-sharing of his private life is excruciating.  I feel desperately sorry for his children and his first wife's family. But apart from that, I just don't think he's very good.

Jasonb   
12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Watched the first few minutes and will watch the rest later.

The media nowadays seem only to want to employ ex participants in any sport, rather than trained sports journalists and interviewers.  This can work great in some cases, but not so well in others as they become more the story than the sport they are watching and also aren't detached enough to offer unbiased opinions.  Classic example, athletics on the BBC has almost become unwatchable for me. 

I'm afraid I just can't warm to Ferdinand and the over-sharing of his private life is excruciating.  I feel desperately sorry for his children and his first wife's family. But apart from that, I just don't think he's very good.

I found it an interesting watch though not necessarily for the right reasons. Him and Lampard seemed relaxed together and nearly all the players gave him a nice reception.

I also found it interesting seeing the facilities we have and getting glimpses at the players in training.

As well as Czech we had Tomori being interviewed and saying he does not bang on the gaffers door when he is not playing just tries to show his stuff in training.

I detect Ferdinand being media luvvie just now too and wonder if their is a bigger role for him in the future.

Re your first point about sports journalists I used to enjoy the BBC Sunday MOTD2 with Mark Chapman though that seems to have disappeared yet it was interesting hearing from those guests at times. 

"I have to be honest, I didn't like Chelsea.  I had nothing against them when I was at West Ham and then I signed for Manchester United and then Mourinho came and it's like they are trying to take the premier league out of my cabinet.  It feels like someone is like coming in and trying to thieve something off a you.  Abramovich coming in and buying up all the big players around Europe, they turned from being an OK football club to being a successful one.  "

Arrogant fool.  £30m signing by moneybags Ferguson upset he was no longer at the richest club.
That is how he starts off, and he doesn't seem to have the brains to work out how it sounds.

Jasonb   
17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

"I have to be honest, I didn't like Chelsea.  I had nothing against them when I was at West Ham and then I signed for Manchester United and then Mourinho came and it's like they are trying to take the premier league out of my cabinet.  It feels like someone is like coming in and trying to thieve something off a you.  Abramovich coming in and buying up all the big players around Europe, they turned from being an OK football club to being a successful one.  "

I think he needs to take a look at who Fergie bought in 2007

Owen Hargreaves: £17m from Bayern Munich – Career encapsulated at United. Brilliant when fit, but never available. 4

Anderson: £20m from Porto – Injuries and inconsistency cost him a long-term future. 6

Nani: £21m from Sporting Lisbon – Not consistent enough. 6

Tomasz Kuszczak: Undisc from West Brom – A capable back-up to Edwin van der Sar but nothing more. 5

Carlos Tevez: £20m from West Ham – Spent two goal and trophy-laden seasons before switching allegiances across the city. 8

Must be annoying, he moves to England's biggest club expecting a large haul of trophies and Mourinho's Chelsea threaten his personal dreams.

On another note reading through this list I can't but think 2/3 of their signings in any one season didn't work out though the other third were magnificent.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/sir-alex-fergusons-99-signings-4002742

40 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think he needs to take a look at who Fergie bought in 2007

Sure, I think he is specifically talking about 2003, a year after Ferdinand has arrived at Man U, won a big trophy and thought he had a right to win the Prem every year.  
It remains a crap program with a crap presenter asking crap questions despite a fantastic opportunity to do something interesting.  I think 2 minutes by Cech probably blew the draft thesis of the program by explaining that it was the Championship performances of Tammy, Mount etc that forced their entry, not any transfer ban or change in philosophy.