• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

e1sbr.mp4

I cannot seem to get the video to embed, but it is probably one of the funniest Dipper related videos I have seen for a while. 

Can't see that.  It's a link to the file you uploaded onto the website, but you will be the only person who can see that.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Can't see that.  It's a link to the file you uploaded onto the website, but you will be the only person who can see that.

I have updated it so it is a hyperlink.

19 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I have updated it so it is a hyperlink.

Thanks - who is the scouser child.  He looks just like the child they use in all those syrian charity photos on FB.  Claiming he is a current refugee, but google imaged it is the same as one used on a 2015 document.  

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Thanks - who is the scouser child.  He looks just like the child they use in all those syrian charity photos on FB.  Claiming he is a current refugee, but google imaged it is the same as one used on a 2015 document.  

Isn’t he the man utd kid who wrote the letter and everything has gone wrong for the scousers ever since?

• Haha 1

Many people talking about the options for ending this season, however do we really think we are going to be in any position to start next season?

The predictions are that the peak in this country will be in 2 or 3 months. So this season is done, things are not going to get better. It also means we have little chance of starting next season on time.

This could have a huge impact on next season as well.

4 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Many people talking about the options for ending this season, however do we really think we are going to be in any position to start next season?

The predictions are that the peak in this country will be in 2 or 3 months. So this season is done, things are not going to get better. It also means we have little chance of starting next season on time.

This could have a huge impact on next season as well.

I think there comes a point where we stop the "maximum delay" where every possible action is taken to avoid unnecessary contacts, and then eventually a point where we just go back to normal, taking the risks.  In a sense the point where we give up and succumb to the virus.  Once that happens I think clubs will be able to play whenever they want.

12 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Isn’t he the man utd kid who wrote the letter and everything has gone wrong for the scousers ever since?

Yep. For those that do not know the story: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/21/young-man-u-fan-asks-liverpool-manager-to-start-losing-games-jurgen-klopp-letter

"If you win nine more games, then you have the best unbeaten run in English football. Being a United fan that is very sad,” Daragh wrote. “So the next time Liverpool play, please make them lose. You should just let the other team score. I hope I have convinced you to not win the league or any other match ever again".

1 hour ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Surely the most obvious  approach is to play all games, in all leagues, in empty stadiums, with everyone watching on tv? Test the players/officials, sure, and exclude any who test positive. But I can't really see why competitions should be ended early, and trophies not won, or lost. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Surely the most obvious  approach is to play all games, in all leagues, in empty stadiums, with everyone watching on tv? Test the players/officials, sure, and exclude any who test positive. But I can't really see why competitions should be ended early, and trophies not won, or lost. 

Well it all depends on how widespread the virus goes. If even 25 or 30% of the population catch it, then it might well effect some teams far worse than others, so how is that possibly fair if a team has a number of key players out? You can’t just play games if it happens to be a good week, it needs to be a  full schedule to play out the remaining games.

Hearing what my company are planning for the next few months, split teams, alternate home working etc, I just can’t see it happening.