• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Stim   

No one really gave that much of a **** when players got regular sick during the season.

If they want it to work they can make it work. They have the break til April to make sure all teams are clear then can begin closed door games, and players can be regularly tested.

2 hours ago, Stim said:

No one really gave that much of a **** when players got regular sick during the season.

If they want it to work they can make it work. They have the break til April to make sure all teams are clear then can begin closed door games, and players can be regularly tested.

Players are human beings just like us, why would they all be clear in a few weeks. You could argue they are more likely to catch it than the average person as they constantly travel, mix with many people etc. They all have home lives and social lives where they mix with people as well.

We will see how the next couple of weeks go but I honestly think we are just going to see more numbers testing positive or self isolating.

Karen Brady saying the league will have to be voided if it does not get sorted soon: 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11957402/premier-league-season-should-be-declared-null-and-void-if-its-not-finished-says-west-hams-karren-brady

Good luck Dippers. As I said, voiding the league suits a lot more parties than it does not. Further, it is also the most clean cut way to go about it. 

5 hours ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Players are human beings just like us, why would they all be clear in a few weeks. You could argue they are more likely to catch it than the average person as they constantly travel, mix with many people etc. They all have home lives and social lives where they mix with people as well.

We will see how the next couple of weeks go but I honestly think we are just going to see more numbers testing positive or self isolating.

Eva Carneiro (?)  now a Harley street physician says that because they work themselves so hard that makes the players ripe for any infection especially the upper respiratory tract. 

There are going to be an ever shifting group of infected and or ill athletes for ages because of it apparently. 

28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Eva Carneiro (?)  now a Harley street physician says that because they work themselves so hard that makes the players ripe for any infection especially the upper respiratory tract. 

There are going to be an ever shifting group of infected and or ill athletes for ages because of it apparently. 

I'm sure that is true.  But they are also going to recover very quickly once they stop training flat out.
Hudson-Odoi 2 days of heavy cold now he can't wait till quarantine is over.

JaneB   
38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes, I read that article.  Very interesting.  I often wondered why footballers and others, such as athletes, seem to pick up a lot of infections.  You'd tend to think they were very healthy but obviously it doesn't work like that.

Jasonb   
On 14/03/2020 at 4:38 PM, JaneB said:

Yes, I read that article.  Very interesting.  I often wondered why footballers and others, such as athletes, seem to pick up a lot of infections.  You'd tend to think they were very healthy but obviously it doesn't work like that.

Excess physical stress lowers the immune system I guess.

Used to notice this with stress in the office if the pressure was on to get things done quickly after a couple of days of long hours people would go sick even though overtime was being paid.