• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

1 hour ago, Ham said:

So Tottenham, a super rich premier league team, are taking advantage of the government furlough scheme to enable them to claim 80% of their wages from the government for all of their non playing staff?

No word of the players or coach taking a pay cut to protect their jobs instead.

Shame on them.

Isn't there a maximum of £2500 a month per person?  Even at Spurs, that won't go far.

4 hours ago, Ham said:

So Tottenham, a super rich premier league team, are taking advantage of the government furlough scheme to enable them to claim 80% of their wages from the government for all of their non playing staff?

No word of the players or coach taking a pay cut to protect their jobs instead.

Shame on them.

Absolutely bizarre how little negative press this club attracts when it constantly (and often proudly) does such awful stuff. At least the other media darling-type clubs often have someone standing away from the crowd making angry, partisan potshots at them. Spurs nab a load of state money they don't need and essentially endorse anti-semitism and ... Nothing.

Don't especially care, just don't get it. Is it just because no one serious considers them a threat?

^ No. It is because they have absolutely no class. At all. Horrible, horrible club. 

asvaberg   

Just read in Nowegian news that Spurs (and Jose) fined 20000EUR for the 3min delay in kickoff home to Leipzig in February :)

Edited by asvaberg

13 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:
Jose Mourinho's all-time XI is ridiculously strong. Jose Mourinho's all-time XI is ridiculously strong.Source: FOX SPORTS

That is an incredible team.

The only tweaks I would personally make would be Ashley Cole for Gallas and Essien for Ozil.

chara   
44 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

That is an incredible team.

The only tweaks I would personally make would be Ashley Cole for Gallas and Essien for Ozil.

Agree but I would bench Ronaldo for Kalou

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:
Jose Mourinho's all-time XI is ridiculously strong. Jose Mourinho's all-time XI is ridiculously strong.Source: FOX SPORTS

Looking at that reminds me of why the 2004-07 squads are my all time favourites. I used to love how we would boss every game. 

20 hours ago, chara said:

Agree but I would bench Ronaldo for Kalou

😂😂 I agree!! 

I was going to say replace Ronaldo as well just to make it an all Chelsea team.

It seems the premier league is going to start alienating the public.

Just seen the news and spurs, newcastle and norwich have all applied for help from the government to cover the wages of non playing staff.

On top of that other clubs have furloughed non playing staff whilst continuing to pay players full wages.

BBC headline is that premier league clubs are in a moral vacuum, and who would argue?

This just stinks of greed and in the current climate is very difficult to stomach.

I believe the clubs are currently meeting with the FA to discuss all options for the league, however with news like this will the appetite be there for many?

Can you imagine in the near future the idea of playing a rescheduled premier league game whilst listening to all the hype and talk of players salaries etc, then also hearing 500 plus people have died that day due to Coronavirus?

The two don’t sit well together do they?

Priorities?

Ham   
12 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

It seems the premier league is going to start alienating the public.

Just seen the news and spurs, newcastle and norwich have all applied for help from the government to cover the wages of non playing staff.

On top of that other clubs have furloughed non playing staff whilst continuing to pay players full wages.

BBC headline is that premier league clubs are in a moral vacuum, and who would argue?

This just stinks of greed and in the current climate is very difficult to stomach.

I believe the clubs are currently meeting with the FA to discuss all options for the league, however with news like this will the appetite be there for many?

Can you imagine in the near future the idea of playing a rescheduled premier league game whilst listening to all the hype and talk of players salaries etc, then also hearing 500 plus people have died that day due to Coronavirus?

The two don’t sit well together do they?

Priorities?

100%

On the bolded bit.... Picture the match being played in a half empty stadium because many fans have lost their jobs.