• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

10 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Options are play it out or void. Anything else is just plain ridiculous. As for how long you can go on before it has to be voided is the real question. My opinion is that it should be 30 June as after that date too many contracts are up in the air and the idea that you can force players or clubs to sign extensions has absolutely no legal leg to stand on. For instance, what happens if Willian is forced to sign a extension to play the last few games then blows out his ACL? His barristers would be rubbing their hands with glee whilst his career would essentially be over.

He has already said he'd be happy to play.  And you can be sure that the club would insure him personally for injury in the same way that he would be insured if he played his last game for us in May.

Options (decisions generally) are choices + a time limit.  For this season nobody needs to make a decision before June 30, and quite simply the FA/PL would be daft to take any decision early.  It is only the media that want decisions taken now.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

.  It is only the media that want decisions taken now.

In a nutshell .

Ham   

Let's not forget the potentially life-threatening decision of, guess who, to play in front of a packed crowd of over 50000 against Atleti including 3000 Spaniards after other games were already being played behind closed doors throughout Europe, just so that they could get home crowd atmosphere advantage.  

Void it. Eff 'em. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

It's the 'however long' bit I can't get on board with. It really could be a long, long time. As in the coronavirus thread, some experts are suggesting mass-attended events are off for the best part of 18 months to 2 years. At a certain point 'this' season's integrity is just too severely compromised.

I don't think the clubs and PL should be setting markers down of their own accord, and they are right imo to wait for broader government steer. I do hope though that they have had at least tentative conversations about when enough will be enough.

I suppose you make a solid point there regarding the reality of how long it will take for life to resume to normality. 

Large events, such as sports and concerts, will remain banned until August 31

In Germany the ban on large events remains in place, so no football there in the near future.

I would have thought all the European leagues would need to be in sync with this as surely they all need to agree when and how European cup competitions proceed?

... And UEFA desperately trying to cling onto a CL final in Istanbul on 29th August...

Edited by McCreadie

14 hours ago, McCreadie said:

... And UEFA desperately trying to cling onto a CL final in Istanbul on 29th August...

So if we can't play our away leg in Munich before then...

14 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I just saw this on the news.

Not sure how likely that is, I think one thing is for certain those games won’t be played in front of crowds if they do happen.

chara   
1 hour ago, Jonny_CFC said:

I just saw this on the news.

Not sure how likely that is, I think one thing is for certain those games won’t be played in front of crowds if they do happen.

How can it happen?....we won't wake up one day soon and it's "ALL OVER"....why even think about travelling in numbers of any kind..how many travel from one club to an away Euro game?....this season is done...close it down and wait until it is safe..clearly safe not wanna be safe.....one of the top Denver Bronco's players was reported yesterday to have the virus....plus players from the NHL Avalanche here....sure it's not much different across the board in UK and Europe....risk is far too high.....if it wasn't for the "The People's Champions" missing out would there be such a song and dance about just shutting down?

I appreciate the financial implications but look around ..

38 minutes ago, chara said:

I appreciate the financial implications but look around ..

My guess is that it is plan D, but since it might happen before plan, C, B and A, that is the one they have talked about.
Plan B might be some cautious games in January.  Plan A just start with 21/22.

PS for once this is not about Liverpool or Barcelona.

Edited by Droy was my hero