• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

4 hours ago, chara said:

How can it happen?....we won't wake up one day soon and it's "ALL OVER"....why even think about travelling in numbers of any kind..how many travel from one club to an away Euro game?....this season is done...close it down and wait until it is safe..clearly safe not wanna be safe.....one of the top Denver Bronco's players was reported yesterday to have the virus....plus players from the NHL Avalanche here....sure it's not much different across the board in UK and Europe....risk is far too high.....if it wasn't for the "The People's Champions" missing out would there be such a song and dance about just shutting down?

I appreciate the financial implications but look around ..

I’ve just watched the BBC 6 o’clock news and they said all the premier league clubs have ‘committed’ to finishing the season.

Not sure whether to take anything from the language, the word committed sounds like some were pushed into it.

However, they can commit all they like nothing is gonna happen for a long while.

It will still come down to when it’s safe to play and depending on how far away that is, is it realistic to consider it the same season.

And yes absolutely agree, if it wasn’t a certain club in first place there wouldn’t be such a huge push to complete it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

I’ve just watched the BBC 6 o’clock news and they said all the premier league clubs have ‘committed’ to finishing the season.

Not sure whether to take anything from the language, the word committed sounds like some were pushed into it.

However, they can commit all they like nothing is gonna happen for a long while.

It will still come down to when it’s safe to play and depending on how far away that is, is it realistic to consider it the same season.

And yes absolutely agree, if it wasn’t a certain club in first place there wouldn’t be such a huge push to complete it.

As you say a meaningless commitment.  It sounds rather Trumpian to me.  Establishing a public  position on something so that when it doesn't happen no one is going to blame him for not trying.  Not that Trump invented the idea.

Ham   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

As you say a meaningless commitment.  It sounds rather Trumpian to me.  Establishing a public  position on something so that when it doesn't happen no one is going to blame him for not trying.  Not that Trump invented the idea.

"People say I invented the idea. In fact they said that I was one of the best they'd seen. I really do know a lot about it. Ask anyone.  They'll tell you"

Has to be true - no one could dream this one up

Spurs chief Daniel Levy is hoping to get sacked former boss Mauricio Pochettino to accept a pay cut on his severance package

Spurs chief Daniel Levy is hoping to get sacked former boss Mauricio Pochettino to accept a pay cut on his severance package

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11415576/tottenham-pochettino-pay-cut-levy-coronavirus/

Time we had a thread just for Levy

JaneB   
JaneB   
3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sounds about right.  I think it is interesting to see how there was a massive change (for the better IMO) in our style in 2018, even more so after the departure of hazard in 2019 and I think in line with Lampard's ideas.
Not surprised any Italian prefers life in Italy, and football in England.  I often think of Vialli's book where he explains that in Italy it is normal to stop training and just chat about tactics for a bit, while in England where the cold winds blow you have to keep them running.

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Very very likely.  That is precisely what Jorge Mendes does.  Shame we didn't know all about that a long time ago. How did those Willian songs go about Spurs?

8 hours ago, JaneB said:

Could you imagine Jose working/living in Dipperland? Even when he went to Utd he lived out of a hotel and had London as his home. From reading the article I reckon it is more likely that he used Liverpool as leverage for a better contract offer from Chelsea. 

On 17/04/2020 at 10:48 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Has to be true - no one could dream this one up

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11415576/tottenham-pochettino-pay-cut-levy-coronavirus/

Time we had a thread just for Levy

I really hope the Amazon Documentary isn't sanitised too much. Going to be absolutely comedy gold. 

Anyone been watching the MOTD replays from years gone by ?

No ?

No Liverpool or United fans here then . Lol.