• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Not had the pleasure of meeting him, but he comes across as one of the nicest guys ever to play professional football.

4 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I've met him.  He's lovely.  

I met him on the way back from Wolves away in the FA Cup in 2017

He was on his way home after managing B'ham to a 0-3 home defeat. The train was packed with Chelsea who wanted a photo, and you could tell he was just desperate to get home!

JaneB   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So Marcus Rashford.

Lets compare some of the recent protests and their faults, and his attempt to extend free school meal payments into the holidays.

Protester knows nothing about the topic   -  Rashford says free school meals made a big difference to him as a child (teachers agree)
Protester wants something for his ethnic group  -  free school meals for poor families, irrespective of ethnicity
Protester wants something in 10 years time  - free school meals this summer
Protester hasn't a hope in hell of getting what he wants  - done
Protester on an ego trip      -  Rashford seems to have disappeared after achieving his goal

Absolutely brilliant.

A son to be proud of :-)

JaneB   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Never much appreciated Zola - I guess he was before I got broadband.  But he is pretty impressive in half a game here.

Never much appreciated Zola????!!!!!!!   Droy!!!!!!!!

A little magician, one of those special players.  And as has been said, the nicest man ever, humble and hard working.  A terrific role model for so many.  Everyone loved Franco, even opposition supporters who I saw applaud him and ask for his autograph.  

It broke my heart that he didn't make it as a manager but at least he tried.  As Claudio said after he scored THAT goal against Norwich "The wizard must try".

bert19   
16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I met him on the way back from Wolves away in the FA Cup in 2017

He was on his way home after managing B'ham to a 0-3 home defeat. The train was packed with Chelsea who wanted a photo, and you could tell he was just desperate to get home!

Bet he granted every request for a photo though right? He seems to recognise that love from Chelsea fans and treats it like he's lucky to have it 

I'm struggling to think of another Chelsea player in my lifetime that captured the hearts and minds of the supporters so quickly and effortlessly.  Yeh we have players we adore like Frank & Didier, but Zola was just so fresh and different straight away and so humble about it. 

I was 9 or 10 when he arrived and I remember just being amazed at what he could do with the ball. It was an almost instant feeling of "this guy is special, I want to see what he'll do next" 

paulw66   
4 hours ago, bert19 said:

Bet he granted every request for a photo though right? He seems to recognise that love from Chelsea fans and treats it like he's lucky to have it 

I'm struggling to think of another Chelsea player in my lifetime that captured the hearts and minds of the supporters so quickly and effortlessly.  Yeh we have players we adore like Frank & Didier, but Zola was just so fresh and different straight away and so humble about it. 

I was 9 or 10 when he arrived and I remember just being amazed at what he could do with the ball. It was an almost instant feeling of "this guy is special, I want to see what he'll do next" 

Pretty much, but you could tell he was desperate to get away.......felt so sorry for him as he was too polite to tell people to get stuffed. 

47 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52970103

Liverpool didn't really want him, he wouldn't have ever played anyway, he's a diver and no one really likes him as a person. Genuinely the funniest article I've read in a while. 

Welcome to England, Timo!

I looked up the author.  Writes for hundreds of media on dozens of topics, of which only one is football.
The only media he seems to have written 2 pieces on the same topic for is BBC website.

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I looked up the author.  Writes for hundreds of media on dozens of topics, of which only one is football.
The only media he seems to have written 2 pieces on the same topic for is BBC website.

I read that article and couldn't believe it.

It's a bit galling to see the author described as a "German football expert" based on your research!

Not to worry - ridiculusly negative articles generally mean we're a threat again.

Interesting to note that of the 18 free to air games announced so far, we appear zero times. I had imagined that, in the general spirit of pulling together and providing some crumbs of comfort for the beleaguered population, the tv companies would have made sure to manage an even spread...