• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
58 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Interesting to note that of the 18 free to air games announced so far, we appear zero times. I had imagined that, in the general spirit of pulling together and providing some crumbs of comfort for the beleaguered population, the tv companies would have made sure to manage an even spread...

But we're Chelsea fans so it stands to reason that we are all wealthy southerners. 

Ham   

The usual suspects (BBC and Sly Sports) on their high horse about a "heinous act" of racism in NASCAR yesterday and demanded changes in the sport as a result. The pitchforks came out. 

I don't want to give too much away but let's just say it was #fakenoose

You couldn't make it up.

(BTW Bubba Wallace was not responsible as it was someone else who discovered the "crime scene" and reported it).

Edited by Ham

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Ham said:

The usual suspects (BBC and Sly Sports) on their high horse about a "heinous act" of racism in NASCAR yesterday and demanded changes in the sport as a result. The pitchforks came out. 

I don't want to give too much away but let's just say it was #fakenoose

You couldn't make it up.

(BTW Bubba Wallace was not responsible as it was someone else who discovered the "crime scene" and reported it).

Was also nice to see the minute's silence yesterday at the PL games for the lives lost in Reading...............

paulw66   

So, we beat Man City and not a single player makes Garth Crooks' team of the week. I really dislike that little toad. 

Edited by paulw66

He's just acknowledging that we play as a team, and not a bunch of prima donnas. Long may it last. Hopefully, we will play his team of the week one day, and totally stuff them.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

He's just acknowledging that we play as a team, and not a bunch of prima donnas. Long may it last. Hopefully, we will play his team of the week one day, and totally stuff them.

Do you not think any of our defensive players deserve some recognition for the fact we restricted City to 2 shots on target, one of which was a 30 yard free kick? No, go for the bloke who kept a clean sheet at Norwich. 

Or Pulisic for scoring a worldlie? Imagine if Sane or Salah had scored that...goal of the season. 

JaneB   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53176020

I loved this from Frank.  A measured response but with a dig at Raheem Sterling who didn't help his cause by picking on two particular names.  Disrespectful.

Football is the most diverse of sports and I cannot imagine why plenty of BAME players could not go on to be managers.  Frank went on to be our manager because he was Frank Lampard not because of his ethnicity.

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

I'm glad he was polite to Sterling.  There seems to be a lot of pressure on the likes of Sterling to speak out - from both their own communities and from TV and media.  Most footballers opt out and say nothing in public.  Those that dare to say something and are still active as footballers deserve a lot of sympathy.  It is very very easy to make a fool of oneself.
Rashford did something remarkable; he asked for something he understood, was more than reasonable, AND achievable.  But we can't expect many footballers to be as smart as Rashford.  Sky Sports would be a lot more entertaining if they were.

chara   

Hmm.....Sterling was talking about diversity in Management/Coaching I thought....not well presented but entitled to his view....a player I admire and respect...He of course only made it to the top because he worked at his game, has  great talent and does "the business" on game day......whereas SFL only made it to the top because of ethnicity family connections in the game and luck... of course that is reason he has a career history that is remarkable...all the work and effort he put into his career really is of no relevance.

I agree very much with Droy's view of media pressure. They just have to push an agenda that leads to division often where little exists..I have never seen team mates at any club .showing any "racial" division on the pitch...pretty much like real life.....

Great talent and brilliant football career does not automatically lead to a successful management/coaching career...Bobby Moore was as great a player as you could point to but his management career was very insignificant..doesn't take away his greatness as a player...in fact how many top players have made the switch successfully?

20 Prem Clubs..say a total of 600 players....how many will make it as a coach let alone a top coach?.....

On 6/25/2020 at 10:25 AM, paulw66 said:

Was also nice to see the minute's silence yesterday at the PL games for the lives lost in Reading...............

BLM has nothing to do with actually thinking that black lives matter. If it was, the discussion would not be focused around an isolated incident or statues pre-dating a hundred years to be torn down. I appreciate I'm voicing a minority view here but it is made with the best intentions.  

Personally I think that BLM are setting back the black community a few decades in the US. It's so desperately depressing to see, there are literally hundreds of other issues we need to discuss to help the black community and culture to realise its potential. I suspect the masterminds behind 'the movement' are happy with how it has panned out.