• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Jasonb   
On 6/27/2020 at 11:24 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Thing is that the US right and Trump are desperately trying to prove that the riots are evidence of a violent Antifa movement being active in trying to remove Trump and intrinsic to the Dems' campaign.  To a very small extent they are right.  The next election will largely depend convincing voters it is true to a large extent.  
Which makes it an another issue that is too full of agendas to discuss objectively.

I read a US article a couple of days ago and it resonated.

It said the BLM movement has worked in Trump's favour and not because they like Trump more because they like disorder.

The images that the silent majority have seen on their TV screens is shocking and the silent majority will vote and they will not vote for continued disorder. He said just like with the last US election and just like with Brexit, the pollsters have it wrong.

50 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

.... He said just like with the last US election and just like with Brexit, the pollsters have it wrong.

Quite.  Thing is that if media openly claim that voting Trump or voting Brexit is racist, and then it has a much greater effect when a nice young lady pollster calls than when you actually vote.  

Holymoly   

The truth is that all this internet rhetoric or social media outrage totally misses the point. Not a single person will have their opinion altered by shouty, woke liberals because at the end of the day no one cares what you think on the internet.

duty_calls.png.565814012bdcc8e8167ac625f5c130e8.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

The truth is that all this internet rhetoric or social media outrage totally misses the point. Not a single person will have their opinion altered by shouty, woke liberals because at the end of the day no one cares what you think on the internet.

duty_calls.png.565814012bdcc8e8167ac625f5c130e8.png

My two favourite computer cartoons.
Our computers are down so we have to do everything manually ...

chara   

A very true first hand story...from the LEO who was there...local LOE contingent sent to help control an largely unreported "demonstration" in small town Colorado......"protestors" in usual screaming tirade etc at police...but in front of the police barrier a line of quietly armed locals facing the "protestors"....no media reports..wonder why?

The Media misreport our game..."People's Team" etc...and more..so how on Earth can we believe anything printed is not slanted or with an agenda?

54 minutes ago, chara said:

A very true first hand story...from the LEO who was there...local LOE contingent sent to help control an largely unreported "demonstration" in small town Colorado......"protestors" in usual screaming tirade etc at police...but in front of the police barrier a line of quietly armed locals facing the "protestors"....no media reports..wonder why?

The Media misreport our game..."People's Team" etc...and more..so how on Earth can we believe anything printed is not slanted or with an agenda?

I think the World is so full of fakery that it's nigh on impossible to tell what's really happening anywhere these days. 

Everything is spun to suit an agenda. 

Nobody can tell what's real or image manipulation on the Internet. 

Scary, scary, times. 

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the World is so full of fakery that it's nigh on impossible to tell what's really happening anywhere these days. 

Everything is spun to suit an agenda. 

Nobody can tell what's real or image manipulation on the Internet. 

Scary, scary, times. 

Like Denzel said "if you read the news you're misinformed if you ignore the news you're uninformed. 

JaneB   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8473931/Sky-Sports-pundit-Matt-Le-Tissier-says-review-wearing-Black-Lives-Matter-badge.html

At last someone in the public eye with balls (pardon the pun)

Good intentions maybe but not thought through.  

All these pundits look ridiculous with their badges on.  And what will they be forced to wear next season?

Jasonb   
22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite.  Thing is that if media openly claim that voting Trump or voting Brexit is racist, and then it has a much greater effect when a nice young lady pollster calls than when you actually vote.  

And there is no guarantee normal people stop for pollsters, after having been stopped a couple times about a decade ago by chuggers I started giving them a wide berth. I suspect similar with pollsters.

It reminds me  also of the more you find out about charities the more you realise this is often less about helping your local environment and more about funneling funds to needy groups abroad. Now this may be a good thing to do yet it is false marketing.

Jasonb   
7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8473931/Sky-Sports-pundit-Matt-Le-Tissier-says-review-wearing-Black-Lives-Matter-badge.html

At last someone in the public eye with balls (pardon the pun)

Good intentions maybe but not thought through.  

All these pundits look ridiculous with their badges on.  And what will they be forced to wear next season?

The herd mentality, it is like corporations including colleges, all staff have to take and pass training on diversity and inclusion. That training is at least annually with new jargon and buzzwords. You need to learn it to pass. The football clubs have become corporations too. 

I see this as a quiet push by certain totalitarian-like forces that want a one world government yet dare to be open about it so it is done by stealth.