• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's important to recognise that they weren't declared innocent. 

The allegations related to alleged breaches outside of the UEFA 5 year statute of limitations.

City were still corrupt and UEFA is still incompetent. 

Yep. 

They screwed up and  City have not "cleared their name' like the fan club they interviewed on SKY insisted. 

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's important to recognise that they weren't declared innocent. 

The allegations related to alleged breaches outside of the UEFA 5 year statute of limitations.

City were still corrupt and UEFA is still incompetent. 

I haven't looked too closely at this, but surely the issue is simply that FFP is inherently illegal.  You can line up 2 or 3 clubs and get them to accept minor fouls or squad reductions of 2 or a single transfer window ban.  But ban them for 2 years from the CL is guaranteed to end up in the Euro courts and  the end to FFP (and probably a massive fine for Uefa).
In a game of Chicken Uefa will be the first to run.

So despite what anyone says I'm sure Uefa are happier than anyone that this confrontation is over. The whole thing escalated out of control and CAS  stepped in to rescue both sides.

Ham   
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I haven't looked too closely at this, but surely the issue is simply that FFP is inherently illegal.  You can line up 2 or 3 clubs and get them to accept minor fouls or squad reductions of 2 or a single transfer window ban.  But ban them for 2 years from the CL is guaranteed to end up in the Euro courts and  the end to FFP (and probably a massive fine for Uefa).
In a game of Chicken Uefa will be the first to run.

So despite what anyone says I'm sure Uefa are happier than anyone that this confrontation is over. The whole thing escalated out of control and CAS  stepped in to rescue both sides.

I'm still holding out on UEFA taking this to Switzerland. 🙏

On the plus side a City distracted by/concentrating on and playing CL games rather than just solely concentrating on the league is a bonus...Without the CL for them, I think they might have walked the league next year...

paulw66   
4 hours ago, Liquidator said:

On the plus side a City distracted by/concentrating on and playing CL games rather than just solely concentrating on the league is a bonus...Without the CL for them, I think they might have walked the league next year...

Sadly, this boosts the chances of Liverpool winning it again

Ham   
46 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sadly, this boosts the chances of Liverpool winning it again

Difficult to keep up that kind of pace for 3 seasons. I see them having a hangover. 

bert19   
8 hours ago, Ham said:

Difficult to keep up that kind of pace for 3 seasons. I see them having a hangover. 

It’ll be interesting to see how they approach it. Three or four new signings would surely freshen it up and keep the current squad motivated, but there has been very little talk of anything really

35 minutes ago, bert19 said:

It’ll be interesting to see how they approach it. Three or four new signings would surely freshen it up and keep the current squad motivated, but there has been very little talk of anything really

You're not allowed to make decent signings the summer after winning the title, that's the rules as far as we've experienced them recently.

42 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Yes.
The interesting question for me is does any club have any money. Any club in Europe other than us?

I think significant deals so far amount to  Pjanic to Barca, Sane to BM and 2 to us.

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.
The interesting question for me is does any club have any money. Any club in Europe other than us?

I think significant deals so far amount to  Pjanic to Barca, Sane to BM and 2 to us.

and even the Pjanic one was a swap