• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/features-opinions/a-week-in-the-city-bt-sports-liverpool-love-in

That was a link I posted recently to show the embarrassing BT Scouse obsession.

Just like to point out that Channel 4, that well-known football-focused channel, is currently showing an hour-long feature on 'Germany's Greatest Export', Jürgen Klopp.

Unbelievable.

Edited by Backbiter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
13 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/features-opinions/a-week-in-the-city-bt-sports-liverpool-love-in

That was a link I posted recently to show the embarrassing BT Scouse obsession.

Just like to point out that Channel 4, that well-known football-focused channel, is currently showing an hour-long feature on 'Germany's Greatest Export', Jürgen Klopp.

Unbelievable.

Oh no, just missed it ☹️
They did a similar programme on Jose when he won back to back titles with us ‘Portugal’s Greatest Export....’  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Oh no, just missed it ☹️
They did a similar programme on Jose when he won back to back titles with us ‘Portugal’s Greatest Export....’  🤔

Don't worry pretty much everything that has ever been on C4 is permanently on their All4 player.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Interesting - I'd forgotten he was on the staff at the start of the season - most experienced one of the lot.
Funny way for a black manager to get around racial prejudice and get a job - Go to Turkey.  Not what I would have expected.

yeah droy if the proverbial hits the fan over there Eddie will need to watch out IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SKY have apparently axed The Sunday Supplement.  If so, good riddance to bad rubbish.  Ex players opinions are bad enough, but the opinions of unknowledgable, overpaid pen pushers are far worse.  Why should we listen to them?  What have they ever done in the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
15 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

SKY have apparently axed The Sunday Supplement.  If so, good riddance to bad rubbish.  Ex players opinions are bad enough, but the opinions of unknowledgable, overpaid pen pushers are far worse.  Why should we listen to them?  What have they ever done in the game?

I used to watch The Sunday Supplement years ago when it was Hold The Back Page on Friday evenings.  Really enjoyed it actually.  Might have watched The Sunday Supplement a bit before I 'lost' Sky Sports for years.  Got it back now but haven't watched TSS.  Don't even know who is on it.

Personally I think we ought to have more sports journalists on TV and there are some good ones around.  I'm getting rather sick of ex-players (with a few exceptions) getting all the gigs.  They are usually ex-Liverpool or Arsenal, and, as we know, biased beyond belief.  One in particular can't string a sentence together and another mumbles.

I'd like the neutral opinions of some good quality sports journalists for a change.  They might have done nothing "in the game" but they will have watched a lot of it and have opinions, just like we all do on here.  It's why I've stopped watching BBC Athletics coverage because it's just one giant 'love in' with very little criticism, apart of course from the excellent Michael Johnson.

Someone very close to me trained as a print journalist and worked on several newspapers including covering football and other sports, before moving into TV.  They have worked very hard and carved out an excellent career so I get a bit touchy about journalists all getting tarred with the same brush on here :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Personally I think we ought to have more sports journalists on TV and there are some good ones around.  I'm getting rather sick of ex-players (with a few exceptions) getting all the gigs.  They are usually ex-Liverpool or Arsenal, and, as we know, biased beyond belief.  One in particular can't string a sentence together and another mumbles.

In principle and on most sports I would agree.  On footie the media tend to be more biased than the players.  That is because only 4 in 20 ex-pros played for a Liverpool or Manchester club, but 16 out of 20 football correspondents started off on the Liverpool Echo or Manchester Evening news (and/or local radio stations).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

In principle and on most sports I would agree.  On footie the media tend to be more biased than the players.  That is because only 4 in 20 ex-pros played for a Liverpool or Manchester club, but 16 out of 20 football correspondents started off on the Liverpool Echo or Manchester Evening news (and/or local radio stations).

Exactly.  Neil Ashton in particular doesn't know what he's talking about, and as you say they all support Man U, Liverpool, Tottenham Arsenal or West Ham.  Only Olivre Holt and Martin Samuel are any good, the rest are just impostors masquerading as experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now