• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Jasonb   

Both clubs have sugar Daddies, one from a country that is allied to UK interests.

The other has links to the UK's arch enemy, Putin of Russia.

43 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Both clubs have sugar Daddies, one from a country that is allied to UK interests.

The other has links to the UK's arch enemy, Putin of Russia.

Not sure the American owners are sugar Daddies, they seem to be more interested in taking money out of Man U if I recall.  Pimps.
Certainly the UK is alligned to Abu Dhabi's interest.  I suspect we are less aligned to US interest than they would like.

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

https://mol.I'm/a/8710535

Stop the world.  I want to get off. 

Had to google nitty gritty - interesting (different to what the mail has )
I'm all for this.  Too many people use phrases and symbols where they haven't thought through the meaning.
Like kneeling absent an anthem.

chara   
21 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ye Gods...oh no,,,,Wait for me Ham!

chara   
8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm all for this.  Too many people use phrases and symbols where they haven't thought through the meaning.

And......the irony of watching the opening line up Denmark V England...both teams lustily singing their respective National Anthem..and then kneeling ....as I switched off...not even a meaningful gesture...hollow as a drum...wait....can I say that?...drums are..gulp......cakewalk?..no?..what about "A piece of cake" as our side strolls to victory?..one sided? and can we refer to Southampton?.....low block..high block...?....there is no end to this foolishness...

I'm off to wipe "Black Beauty" from my memory........and "White Fang"

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Likewise, I had no idea what the origin of some of those phrases was. Now I do, I'd prefer not to use them again and that's what I'll try to do.

Really odd to frame this as "banning", but I suppose that's the Mail.

paulw66   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

I understand banning phrases that have slavery origins, but things like "whiter than white", "blackballed" and "blacklisted" have nothing to do with race at all. The next step will be banning ordering a black coffee

My son has a toy that plays nursery rhymes, including "ba ba sheep sheep".......because obviously black wool on a sheep is deeply offensive to african sheep. 

Sciatika   

The weird thing is that the first use of nitty-gritty is in the mid-20th century to a song title. There is no evidence that it has anything to do with slavery. The world is becoming more and more Orwellian: "Don't you see that the whole aim of newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end, we shall make thoughtcrime impossible because there will be no words in which to express it".