• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Miguel Delaney piece, "The Inside Story of Roman Abramovich and Chelsea's New Era": https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-roman-Abramovich-ownership-news-frank-Lampard-special-report-epl-b480949.html

Pretty enjoyable read I thought. A couple of bits in there I hadn't heard before. 

Edited by Bridge Soldier

19 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Miguel Delaney piece, "The Inside Story of Roman Abramovich and Chelsea's New Era": https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-roman-Abramovich-ownership-news-frank-Lampard-special-report-epl-b480949.html

Pretty enjoyable read I thought. A couple of bits in there I hadn't heard before. 

Unimpressed.  I suppose now that the Indie is just a news blog and not actually a paper, I shouldn't expect much.  A series of rehashed quotes, most of them from people who were involved in the club 10+ years ago, even the anonymous sources had nothing interesting to say (and why quote anonymous sources unless you make up something readable).

It is not that this is a bad attempt to explain what RA thinks about the club now, just that no one knows, and there is no point trying to guess so why waste time on it..

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Unimpressed.  I suppose now that the Indie is just a news blog and not actually a paper, I shouldn't expect much.  A series of rehashed quotes, most of them from people who were involved in the club 10+ years ago, even the anonymous sources had nothing interesting to say (and why quote anonymous sources unless you make up something readable).

It is not that this is a bad attempt to explain what RA thinks about the club now, just that no one knows, and there is no point trying to guess so why waste time on it..

Indeed!!

You'd think a 'newspaper' owned by the son of an ex-KGB agent would be a bit better at hacking Abramovich's emails and really getting to the kernel of the story, wouldn't you?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/19/frank-lampards-blue-privilege-self-made-jurgen-klopp-chelsea-liverpool

Barney Ronay: "Frank Lampard's blue privilege will only go so far against self-made Klopp". 

It seems likely to be a theme of the day. Tory boy Frank and his endlessly gushing money well ranged against Jürgen and the hedge-funders, with their moral rectitude and their spending caps, the authority born of finely budgeted success.

And second about Lampard’s own public persona, the sense of a man for whom the path from A-list player to A-list manager has been greased and hurried along; and whose time at Chelsea has been accompanied by the clanks and creaks and whirring pulleys of a popular pantomime villain being winched into place.

lol.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

1 hour ago, Bridge Soldier said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/19/frank-lampards-blue-privilege-self-made-jurgen-klopp-chelsea-liverpool

Barney Ronay: "Frank Lampard's blue privilege will only go so far against self-made Klopp". 

lol.

I liked the bit where it said Liverpool would have looked at Havertz, Chilwell etc but negated to mention they'd be doing it via the computer software they stole from City. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I liked the bit where it said Liverpool would have looked at Havertz, Chilwell etc but negated to mention they'd be doing it via the computer software they stole from City. 

As I remember it, they didn't nick the software as just kept logging in to see the updated targets without even having to keep up the data..

36 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

As I remember it, they didn't nick the software as just kept logging in to see the updated targets without even having to keep up the data..

Ahh right. Well in fairness it does mean more for them so we should cut them some slack. Not. 

On 9/20/2020 at 1:24 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Scousers stealing? No, surely not...

JaneB   

I suppose I should laugh like everyone else but jeez........Tory boy Lampard, blue privilege, Uncle ‘arry, and so it goes on......but then it is The Guardian so I would expect them to take that angle.

Nasty piece.

I didn’t mind Klopp a while back, now he makes me turn into someone I didn’t know I could be 🤬

Patronising ..t

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I suppose I should laugh like everyone else but jeez........Tory boy Lampard, blue privilege, and so it goes on......but then it is The Guardian so par for the course I suppose.

Nasty piece.

I didn’t mind Klopp a while back, now he makes me turn into someone I didn’t know I could be 🤬

Patronising ..t

Disliking Lampard because he had a leg up when if anyone in football is a self made man it's him given all the extra training and shooting practise he put in just proves how little the author knows about Lamps .

Last season the TV were oohing and ahhing about Philip Cocu getting the Derby job and how Lampard had been promoted above his pay grade , yet look at what Cocu achieved there,  10th .

Personally I think Lampard the manager leaves a lot to be desired but as a footballer who made himself a true great  he's peerless

• Like 1