• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps the sports press has gone with the marginal story of RA having stakes in some players in the past.
I don't give a monkeys frankly.

This however is big **** (and was the story BBC Radio 4 news chose to run)
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-companies-linked-to-roman-Abramovich-donated-100-million-to-right-wing-group-1.9173187
Given it is about supporting Israelis expanding settlements in Palestine, it probably won't get much traction in the UK media.

It seriously troubles me though.

(If I find a full version later I'll stick it up)

Not good reading and bit if a Trump's strawman effort to discredit Putin's Oligarch buddies, which he started a few years ago.

Sure to buried in the senate, in fear of it opening a pandora's box on the origins of donations to Israel and how many of those donors also contribution to the Trump presidential campaign?

11 hours ago, Ham said:

Nothing in this piece about RA and money laundering per se. Making private donations to a Jewish organisation, yes. He's entitled to his anonymity isn't he?

Just sounds like more left wing anti-Semitism to me.  

Anti-Israeli state, but not anti-Semitic Ham. As you're well aware I reckon?

Ham   
41 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

With the left wing BBC and their Labour chums, I'm not so sure Pete.  

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Hard to be a genuine anti-semite in a conflict between Palestinians and Israelis.
Easy to be accused of it mind.

I think Ham really is confused about what calling Labour members anti-semite is all about or where the BBC stands.
You may recall a Panorama special where they got it very wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hard to be a genuine anti-semite in a conflict between Palestinians and Israelis.

I think Ham really is confused about what calling Labour members anti-semite is all about or where the BBC stands.

One of the few times I've agreed with every word Droy has posted.

44 minutes ago, Ham said:

With the left wing BBC and their Labour chums, I'm not so sure Pete.  

Not sure you can accuse a broadcaster that has employed Sarah Sands, John Humphreys, Andrew Marr, Laura Kuennsberg, Andrew Neil, etc., in very senior positions "left wing"

Ham   
27 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm referring to their constant harassment of Roman. Who is a Jew. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm referring to their constant harassment of Roman. Who is a Jew. 

You think that is because he is Jewish?  And not Russian?  or like 60+% of Russians sympathetic to Putin?
I'm not sure what the harrassment of RA is supposed to be about anyway.  Harrassment of Chelsea seems to be driven by Northern sports reporters.
There is zero press harrassment of Jewish or Israeli figures in the British media - rather incredible protection and a charge of anti-semitism everytime some kid gets shot in Palestine.

For 15 years RA's money was as welcomed by the British establishment as the more obvious Russian crooked oligarchs, it is only recently he was denied a working visa.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not sure you can accuse a broadcaster that has employed Sarah Sands, John Humphreys, Andrew Marr, Laura Kuennsberg, Andrew Neil, etc., in very senior positions "left wing"

Indeed. It's an outdated view. It might well have been true in the days of Brian Redhead on R4, but times have changed. A lot.