• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Thankfully, so am I now since my move 😂

Do you mean to the frozen North of Westcliff-on-Sea?

I used to live there myself many years ago. Close to.Chalkwell Park.

Ham   
4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Do you mean to the frozen North of Westcliff-on-Sea?

I used to live there myself many years ago. Close to.Chalkwell Park.

Small world.  So do I. 

Satisfyingly far enough away from Spud country. 

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Small world.  So do I. 

Satisfyingly far enough away from Spud country. 

Yes indeed! I was in Westborough Avenue. I think that's what it was called.

not sure where to put this.

With the possibility of many EFL teams going out of business due to Covid, is it not time for the PL and EFL to have a rethink and allow clubs such as chelsea to invest in a lower league e.g. "Wigan" and use it as a feeder club.

E.g. the Parent club can send/loan 4-5 players a season to the feeder club for development, with some kind of rules regarding if a feeder club is promoted to the championship the number of loans would be reduced, and buying of players should be within the clubs operating cost and not subsidized from the parent club?

17 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Looking like no crowds in stadiums until 2021, hopefully another nail in the Spuds HP repayment plan :0)

From a sporting perspective it would only be fair to not allow fans in the stadiums for the rest of the season. Liverpool playing us away with no crowd but we have to go to Anfield towards the business end of the season with their crowd present? 

If that happens, both last season and this are devaulued a lot. It's not a fair competition.  

8 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Liverpool playing us away with no crowd but we have to go to Anfield towards the business end of the season with their crowd present? 

If that happens, both last season and this are devaulued a lot. It's not a fair competition.  

being quite brutal, based on the PL games played against the dippers under franks leadership, crowds or no crowds we do not look like beating the dippers, therefore I cannot see how it devalued and not fair competition.

Now that the dipper have won the PL one can assume the should the fans be allowed back, the rendition of "you got no history may go up a notch or two" and more than likely a song about SFL if he still at the helm.

Unlike previous times, when going to anfield there was a good possibility beating the with a draw being the minimum, Under Sarri and Frank it more like damage limitation. Our only hope is our manager wise's up or the dippers go the route  of rapid deterioration as happened at the king of the dipper previous club

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

being quite brutal, based on the PL games played against the dippers under franks leadership, crowds or no crowds we do not look like beating the dippers, therefore I cannot see how it devalued and not fair competition.

Now that the dipper have won the PL one can assume the should the fans be allowed back, the rendition of "you got no history may go up a notch or two" and more than likely a song about SFL if he still at the helm.

Unlike previous times, when going to anfield there was a good possibility beating the with a draw being the minimum, Under Sarri and Frank it more like damage limitation. Our only hope is our manager wise's up or the dippers go the route  of rapid deterioration as happened at the king of the dipper previous club

It’s not a fair competition because the games will be played under vastly different conditions. With or without fans, there is a big difference and I’d be surprised if we don’t find examples where it will have a material impact on the outcome of the league. 

10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It’s not a fair competition because the games will be played under vastly different conditions. With or without fans, there is a big difference and I’d be surprised if we don’t find examples where it will have a material impact on the outcome of the league. 

Takes me back to VAR.  Why do people expect competitions to be fair?  Why is it necessary?
There are a host of reasons why the PL is not fair, from money, to media to refs, to other competitions getting the way and internationals.

A lot of these introduce specific biases into the Prem.
But changing the seating rules is just randomness.  Yes some benefit, some don't but this is random, not biased.  Like a cup draw (one hopes).
As far as I am concerned completely random effects are as fair as one could reasonably expect.

(VAR - designed to avoid random events, ref genuine errors, while increasing the impact of biased events, refs cheating).

Edited by Droy was my hero

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Takes me back to VAR.  Why do people expect competitions to be fair?  Why is it necessary?
There are a host of reasons why the PL is not fair, from money, to media to refs, to other competitions getting the way and internationals.

A lot of these introduce specific biases into the Prem.
But changing the seating rules is just randomness.  Yes some benefit, some don't but this is random, not biased.  Like a cup draw (one hopes).
As far as I am concerned completely random effects are as fair as one could reasonably expect.

(VAR - designed to avoid random events, ref genuine errors, while increasing the impact of biased events, refs cheating).

My point is sthat there are changing conditions within a season. 

I expect the competition to be free of bias. Of course, as we are painfully aware of, it isn't. 

7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

My point is sthat there are changing conditions within a season. 

I expect the competition to be free of bias. Of course, as we are painfully aware of, it isn't. 

Well that is the thing though, Covid is seasonal.